Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
2,370 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
With apologies to those who may have read this on another forum:
May you all have a truly happy Christmas and a blessed New Year. I have deeply appreciated the friendship and advice that I have found on this forum and as part of the Indian motorcycle community over the last two years. I also really enjoyed my first nearly 12,000 miles on a Scout 60; it is so nimble and such brilliant fun. I had intended to keep it for many, many years. Even after it spat me off back in May, I hoped that the matter would be quickly and convincingly resolved, and I anticipated that my Scout ownership would continue. Well, Polaris has honoured the warranty and even covered costs that were incurred when the bike dumped me in the road, and I am grateful for that. Well done Polaris and well done the dealer. And after getting the bike back, I enjoyed nearly 2,000 more miles on it; it’s a great bike without any true competition. However, I found myself wondering what the next issue might be and whether it would still be covered under warranty and, if it was, whether I would lose another riding season waiting for it to be dealt with; reluctantly, I began to consider changing the Scout in the next couple of years. So, when I was unexpectedly offered a good trade in on a bike I had considered before purchasing the Scout, I decided to take the risk and make the change. I might have considered a Chief if my budget had extended that far, and I know the well documented issues I have to watch out for with my latest ride, but I am stoked to now have a 2014 FXDL in my garage and look forward to putting some proper miles on it when the rain washes away the ice and salt. So, the time has come for me to say, ‘farewell’ and thank you for helping to make my Indian years happy years.
FXDL 3.jpg

·
Founding member
887 Posts
Enjoy the FXDL. I had phenomenal experience with all my Harley’s and hope you do as well. Merry Christmas!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
767 Posts
Ah the 'what if's'. I know the feeling and it's just dreadful. Congrats on the new ride though, enjoy it!

Reactions: Graham UK

·
Founding member
1,109 Posts
Understand.I had a bike I got rid of for the same reason.

Once you lose faith in in the ride its best to move on.

·
Registered
4,408 Posts
Enjoy that new HD. You can still hang around, you've got friends here.

·
Silver member
5,032 Posts
Yep, you can come around and chat with us anytime. You can now be in the Husky Indian, I am a Whiner, Johnny cinco club and bust our ass whenever you feel like it!

·
Premium Member
1,216 Posts
Hey Graham,

All the best to you. It's not what you ride. It is, that you ride.

Safe travels and as has been said, don't be a stranger.

·
Founding member / Distinguished
4,503 Posts
Congrats on the new ride and ride safe! May you have a Merry Christmas and a great 2018. Hey, stick around mate and keep us informed on your new bike!

·
Bronze member
1,850 Posts
Merry Christmas and safe & happy riding. hang around for the humor if nothing elf, I mean else

Reactions: IMARIDER

·
Silver member
3,419 Posts
Enjoy your new ride. Love what you ride that’s all that matters.

1 - 20 of 50 Posts