Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Bronze member
1,474 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know I saw a schematic of the location of the fairing screws to the Challenge. Got the ones removed inside the storage bins and inside the speakers. How does the FRONT headlight trim rim come off? Don't want to break anything....yet.

Thnx

·
Bronze member
1,474 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Gman, got it. I figured it out on the day I asked. Just PULL down on the top of the main headlight trim ring and it pops right off. Then all of the rest of the fairing screws are right there. Now I can strip the fairing on my Challenger in about 3 mins!! Thnx for all the support and help!!!

·
Founding member / Distinguished
4,841 Posts
Other than for re-painting why would you want to totally remove the fairing on a brand-new bike?

·
4,841 Posts
Forgive my noseyness but what is it that you're modifying? I'm as real as it gets I guess.

·
Bronze member
1,474 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
In all honesty, I simply removed the fairing on my Challenger because I dropped an OEM windscreen bolt down the back side when replacing with the Klock Werks fairing and the bolt never came through and out the bottom. But I'm glad I did it....and yes, I found the bolt behind some wiring and harnesses......so it was worth the exercise and learning experience. Now I can remove the fairing in about 3 mins.....or less!! It's really a piece of cake!!! No hard feelings.....no bad questions....for the most part on this forum;)

·
Registered
81 Posts
Forgive my noseyness but what is it that you're modifying? I'm as real as it gets I guess.
Sorry if I came across as an ass. I am changing my bars and adding heated grips. Also looking for space to mount an additional amp so I can upgrade my speakers.

·
Bronze member
1,474 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Sorry if I came across as an ass. I am changing my bars and adding heated grips. Also looking for space to mount an additional amp so I can upgrade my speakers.
Builder, no worries......no hard feelings, nothing personal......I don't get too worked up about what people say about me. But say something bad about my bike and/or wife.....well, that's a different story!!!!:mad::cool:;):ROFLMAO:

·
Bronze member
1,474 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Cool. Good to know it's fairly easy to do if or when necessary.
Renie, it really is.....just needed to do it once....and it's a piece of cake. And everything went back together with ZERO issues regarding fit and finish!!! And that's how you learn....always good to learn about YOUR OWN bike!!

·
4,841 Posts
Looks like you removed the chrome Indian script logo on your fairing. Blacked out the shiny stuff.

·
Premium Member
419 Posts
I pulled the emblem too.

Reactions: BaggerJay

·
Bronze member
1,474 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I pulled my front fairing Indian script as I knew once summer gets here, it was going to be impossible to clean the bugs embedded in between the letters. Painted it and put it on the back of my OEM seat.....as I figure that is the only part of my bike which the HD riders are going to see!!

1 - 20 of 27 Posts