Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
does anyone have a Memphis shades cafe fairing or gauntlet fairing installed? Hows the wind blockage? Is a turn signal relocation kit necessary?

·
Bronze member
1,690 Posts
You must relocate the turn signals with any of the Memphis Shades fairings. Their relocation kits are inexpensive and work well (even w/o fairings) and improve the look, and keep the signals from rotating.

·
Registered
157 Posts
I switch between MS cafe, gauntlet, pop up windshield and no windshield at all. The cafe and gauntlet both work very well to keep the wind from pushing against your chest and they both look cool IMO. And yes the turn signal relocation kit is necessary for all 3.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I switch between MS cafe, gauntlet, pop up windshield and no windshield at all. The cafe and gauntlet both work very well to keep the wind from pushing against your chest and they both look cool IMO. And yes the turn signal relocation kit is necessary for all 3.
Your words give me expensive ideas...

I like the cafe style. Would you mind sharing some close up shots of the rider angle and some of those pop up windshields you got?

·
Registered
967 Posts
I've got the Memphis Shades Bullet. Reasonable protection, no buffeting and there is an assist wing when you want helmet protection. Picking it up from the paint shop next week. I'll post a picture then. Here's a video of custom scout with one:
THAT is sweet! I really like that alot.
Looking forward to seeing your picture.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I've got the Memphis Shades Bullet. Reasonable protection, no buffeting and there is an assist wing when you want helmet protection. Picking it up from the paint shop next week. I'll post a picture then. Here's a video of custom scout with one:
After seeing the video that looks very tempting. I have reduced reach bars; do you think that could be a problem with fitting?

·
Registered
967 Posts
That's pretty cool! How do you like it?!?

I got mine on yesterday and have put in a couple hours behind it, and love it.

It makes riding any speed effortless.
Today I got caught in a decent amount of rain, and the Bullet Fairing kept me amazingly dry and comfortable. Chest was pretty dry and amazingly, my arms.

What a great fairing.

·
Registered
153 Posts
That's pretty cool! How do you like it?!?

What a great fairing.
I've tried a National, Dart, and an Indian 24" (the worst of the bunch) and the Bullet is by far the best. Cleanest air of any tried. I tried to mount a Wedge on my scout, but I could never get it straight. It may sound funny, but the picture makes the painted fairing look bigger than it is.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I've tried a National, Dart, and an Indian 24" (the worst of the bunch) and the Bullet is by far the best. Cleanest air of any tried. I tried to mount a Wedge on my scout, but I could never get it straight. It may sound funny, but the picture makes the painted fairing look bigger than it is.
I was thinking of getting a custom bag or finding a bag that fits under the bullet fairing. Seems like a lot of dead space that could be utilized while maintaining looks

1 - 17 of 17 Posts