Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I've seen them on a few of Indians with fairings, but I've not been able to find anything offered online. I'm hoping to get a set so I can wear my helmet and not sustained daim brammage from all the shaking.

Any ideas or thought on where to look?

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you, but no. The term "bat wing wind deflectors" seems to pull up what I want... but no one seems to make them for Indian.

·
Registered
234 Posts
I posted a similar post a few days ago on the RM page, it seems that there is no indian equivalent for this type of wind deflector.

the new indian fairing which debuted on the Cheiftain Limited 2019 and now RM DH is not quite as good on wind protection as the classic indian fairing IMHO. Not unbearable but noticeable.

·
Rider
704 Posts
2nd that on JES Customs.
Night and day no buffeting head.
I personally dont feel the bat wing is going to fix your problem because if you hold you hand out at about the tank area flat you can feel the mega air blasting there. That is is coming from below.
When I installed them the air cut back to less then half.
You get a little bit but not to the point of blasting your freakin head off.

·
Registered
75 Posts
SmokinLoon,

Ive been in search of the smae bat wi f fairings for a bit now. I have the hard lowers and the ones were looking for are the only things that will work. Has anyone tried the HD o es and outfitted them on an Indian?

·
Registered
100 Posts
JES work great. I got the matte for my CDH. Huge difference in reducing the wind that comes up from you legs to your head and under your helmet.

·
Premium Member
82 Posts
Another thumbs up for the JES deflectors, make the bobble head effect almost completely disappear, not just on my Chieftain, but also on my wife’s Chieftain. Can not go wrong with them.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I don't think so, I think it says on JES website that it isn't. I assume because the lowers stick out too much off the front of the bars.

·
Registered
234 Posts
I e-mailed the company directly and they said they are not compatible with the Indian lowers. I suppose turning the forks would scrape the lowers

1 - 16 of 16 Posts