Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
353 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been looking for something like this that I've had on several of my HD bikes in years past.

I'm getting a lot more wind with the new style fairing on my 2020 RM DH compared to my previous RM Classic fairing.

I'm not seeing anything for Indian like this at all.

An interesting observation: I've noticed the Challenger has the similar type fairing mounted wind deflectors that the HD Road Glide has.

·
Registered
59 Posts
I realize this is an old post but i am curious. Has anyone successfully added something like this? If so, how well did it work?

·
Registered
794 Posts
Looks like a good idea. I'm disappointed that the 2019 RM doesn't have anything to help mitigate the wind that comes right up over the top of the leg fairing and hits you right in the knee. Particularly annoying when it's raining out and raining hard after a while your knees get soaked. Then it runs down your leg, to the sock and if long enough, you get the idea with gravity. I don't know if there is enough room for something full size like this on a RM in full bar lock turn, the bottom of the fairing has maybe 3 inches or so of room before something hanging would hit the top of the leg fairing. Wouldn't mind trying something like that out tho, depending on how it might deflect the wind, particularly in the rain to keep it off the knees. Maybe there are some do it yourselfers that can share what they have done, too.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Looks like a good idea. I'm disappointed that the 2019 RM doesn't have anything to help mitigate the wind that comes right up over the top of the leg fairing and hits you right in the knee. Particularly annoying when it's raining out and raining hard after a while your knees get soaked. Then it runs down your leg, to the sock and if long enough, you get the idea with gravity. I don't know if there is enough room for something full size like this on a RM in full bar lock turn, the bottom of the fairing has maybe 3 inches or so of room before something hanging would hit the top of the leg fairing. Wouldn't mind trying something like that out tho, depending on how it might deflect the wind, particularly in the rain to keep it off the knees. Maybe there are some do it yourselfers that can share what they have done, too.
I don't have a RM. I have a 2020 Chieftain so the lower fairing is not an issue for me. I just think the fairing wings look better than the fork lowers. I looked at some of the Harley offerings but, at least to my eye, the curve of the 2 fairings are too far off to make it work. Anyway, it was just a thought.

·
Registered
794 Posts
Oh ok. Yea you wouldn't have any trouble then on a Chieftan. It was in the Roadmaster section, so I just assumed haha!

·
Registered
214 Posts
2018 & older has deflectors on the lowers. I put a set on my ‘19 Elite lowers and it helped. If you’re looking for fairing, check out the ones from the Victory Cross Country Tour.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts