Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

Failed battery tender, fob no longer detected

3K views 7 replies 4 participants last post by  Kriss 
#1 ·
I have a 2018 Chief Darkhorse that I kept connected to a tender in my garage over the winter. I discovered a dead battery yesterday. The factory installed tender and cable are not working. Luckily, I installed another one and placed under the tank bib. The tender charged the battery and it seems to be holding a charge. But my key fob is not recognized by the bike. I changed the battery but its still not workin. Any idea on what is going on?

#2 ·
Verify that you put the fob battery in correctly. The flat (+) side should be facing up as you insert it on the board. You can also check that it is working by pressing the small button switch on the fob board while it is open. When you press the switch, the small LED should light up. A small number of owners have experienced the bike loosing the memory of the fob code and having to have the dealer re-link the bike/fob.

Are you able to start the bike with your PIN?

#3 ·
It would only start with the pin. No fob. I found out they the fuse in the tender pig tail blew. Battery didn’t charge all winter. So Fob got deleted. Lesson learned...check your tender, keep fob live by letting it connect every so often.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#4 ·
That's wild,I have a 15 vintage,sits all winter ,never on a charger till spring.still the same battery and fob.
I just checked it a couple of weeks ago,and the bat is still holding a charge.
Not enough to crank it,but enough to run the lights and fuel pump.
Gets 50 below up here.
Hope it gets warm enough to get her out next week.then see if it'll start.

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.