Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Banned
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went to the dealer to see how the Factory Tall Boy seat fit and looked on my 2017 Chieftain. Boy was I disappointed. My local dealer put the Tall Boy on, but when I sat on it, my grin drop to a frown. Friggn seat looked humongous on the bike. The seat was a lot wider than stock plus it made me feel as if I was on a high chair. Did I tell ya it looked humongous. The bike lost the low sling seating look. Not impressed to say the least. Leg room was great but only because it lifted me up 2”. Sucked, sucked, sucked. Not what I wanted. Need to look at things again. Want that low in the sling look and feeling, will investigate. Anyone has suggestions let me know.

·
Registered
340 Posts
Have you checked out the Ultimate seat? I just got one for my Chieftain. I had one on my Cross Country and loved it. I have only an hour or so on the new one. So far so good in my opinion. My experience is that you get comfort and sacrifice looks to some degree.

·
Registered
147 Posts
I'm also 6'1", and with the stock seat I felt my knees were higher than my butt, and couldn't move back enuf.
The Corbin does raise you up just a little and moves you back an inch or so. Much more comfortable in my opinion. It's amazing how just fractions of inches in seats can make such big differences. I still feel like I'm sitting "down" in the seat, not up on top of it.
Hope this helps, as they are all expensive and its nice to know how a seat will fit and look before ordering!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts