Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
5581 - 5600 of 5760 Posts

·
Administrator
17,884 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5,593 ·
My wife is getting her license next week - she decided to start on a big machine :)
Congrats!!! Julie’s starter bike was a Honda 90 (when she was 11). She went from that to her 950lb Vic CCT 30yrs later. My suggestion is to start your wife out in an empty lot (mall, church, school) and just have her work on 1st/ 2nd gear and braking. Julie dropped her bike several times during that op but it was a safe, controlled environment. Flash forward a few years and she has put 95k mi on big bikes. Your wife is gonna love this!

·
Registered
2018 Chief Dark Horse
898 Posts
Congrats!!! Julie’s starter bike was a Honda 90 (when she was 11). She went from that to her 950lb Vic CCT 30yrs later. My suggestion is to start your wife out in an empty lot (mall, church, school) and just have her work on 1st/ 2nd gear and braking. Julie dropped her bike several times during that op but it was a safe, controlled environment. Flash forward a few years and she has put 95k mi on big bikes. Your wife is gonna love this!
Exactly what we are doing - the picture is actually from a parking lot, she doesnt have her license yet so she cannot ride on the road, but wanted to practice anyway - the bike is home for 2 days :)

·
Silver member
5,191 Posts
Tippy toes :giggle:

5581 - 5600 of 5760 Posts