Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 20 of 94 Posts

·
Vendor / bronze
3,026 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thunder Works has a new intake for the 111 Thunderstroke engines. This intake allows more air flow than any other intake on the market by far. Other brands will supply you with a K&N filter or similar. This is a big improvement over the stock paper filter. However, the Thunder Works "AIR MONSTER" intake utilizes two K&N filters. This provides twice the flow area compared to other brands. If you are trying to get the most out of your bike, you need to include the "AIR MONSTER". Then we can argue about the best exhaust and fuel computer. But no matter what, this puppy will give you the most air possible. It comes all black or with chrome accents. Available at www.IndianAftermarket.com
Land vehicle Vehicle Motor vehicle Motorcycle Motorcycle accessories
Auto part

·
Registered
4,112 Posts
Hmmm....$400.00....And it will be in the way for your leg and most likely not flow any better than any other set-up. And Damn, it is ugly. Did it come off of a Farmall or a Case??

·
Banned
5,398 Posts
Thunder? Nobody can come up with an original name there? You have Thunder Mfg in Phoenix making Indian air cleaners way before this bunch did. And half the price too.............. Not sure of your claim of the most air flow either here.

Land vehicle Vehicle Motorcycle Motor vehicle Car

Land vehicle Vehicle Motor vehicle Motorcycle Car

Land vehicle Vehicle Motorcycle Car Cruiser

Attachments

·
Limited Edition - Solid Red Roadmaster
3,516 Posts
comes with dirty (used) filters? :confused:

·
Vendor / bronze
3,026 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Wow, such negativity. Let me know when you guys pour your heart into designing, manufacturing, and marketing a product. I would love to see it. And by the way. You don't have to be a genius to realize that two filters will flow more air than a single filter of the same size. Maybe you guys would like people like me to stop designing and offering products. Then you could just buy what ever Indian offers. Shame on you guys. I would like to see you talk this way while looking me in the eye. Not only do I offer new products continuously but I also help people with problems whenever I can. www.IndianAftermarket.com offers a greater variety of products for the Indians than any other aftermarket company. I don't expect you to like everything or buy everything. But I do expect to be treated with more respect than this. Hiding behind your avatar and trashing people and products is not cool. This forum is here to help people. Most of the members don't like this attitude. Clean up your act. I am not going away because of a few knuckleheads (sorry Harley for the refference). The reason I keep making new products is because members keep buying the older products. Your negative views are in the minority. Some of you guys know a lot about bikes. You should spend your typing time helping members that need it.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Marcus,

Hey great idea with the additional surface space for the intake. Makes sense. Unfortunately the look is off, which takes away from a lot of potential buyers. As much as I agree with your business concept, remembering that your customers opinions and money are the reason businesses succeed.

You might try asking what could be done to improve these areas and bring your cool ideas, with potential customer feedback together for a superior product.

Keep the inventive juices flowing

John

·
Founding Member
684 Posts
Interesting, but just because it CAN flow massive amounts of air doesn't mean the TS111 can utilize an air cleaner that large. Honestly it looks plenty big enough to keep a small block Chevy supplied - Dan

·
Vendor / bronze
3,026 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I invite comments and opinions. In fact I have started several threads and asked for members help to design something. For the most part I ride a lot and try to think of things I might like to use or have on the bike. Many ideas are not worth it. My trash can is full of failed attempts. This is how inventors work. I enjoy the clever humor that comes out on this forum even at my own expense. I am getting tired of so much trashing of not just me but others. If anybody asks a dumb question they get trounced. New riders should be welcomed and helped. I am sure the negative people were not born cool. They had to work at it. This forum is one of the few quality forums out there. It is vey common for trolls to ruin forums. It happens all the time. I hope it doesn't happen here. The world is a funny place. It seems to be about 1/2 good and 1/2 bad. I don't understand the appeal of the dark side. I hope people here will stay positive and can't we all just get along?

·
Vendor / bronze
3,026 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Interesting, but just because it CAN flow massive amounts of air doesn't mean the TS111 can utilize an air cleaner that large. Honestly it looks plenty big enough to keep a small block Chevy supplied - Dan
Your correct Dan. You don't need a product like this unless you use a free flowing exhaust and a fuel computer. Many people enjoy the big increase in torque that comes with these mods. The 111's have amazing torque right off the showroom floor, however if you increase it is even more fun. I do recommend using a K&N replacement filter over the paper filter if nothing else.

·
Registered
939 Posts
This forum is one of the few quality forums out there. It is vey common for trolls to ruin forums.
The ignore button is a wonderful way to make Trolls go and sign up to use another user name/ avatar. Having ones inventive product put to such criticism is ego damaging and the bullies feed on that, obviously though you have more self esteem then most.
My opinion if it is worth anything at this point would be that it looks off balance and encumber some when riding due to size. Good luck though on your future endeavors.

·
Bronze member
2,107 Posts
I hope people here will stay positive and can't we all just get along?
In a utopian world, maybe. In the harsh reality of the internet, never going to happen. Too many people with issues who can hide behind a computer screen in momma's basement and spew their venom. I understand your frustration. When there is no accountability anything goes. Just keep on keepin on and let the negative stuff roll off you like water off a duck's back. Sometimes ignore is your friend.

·
Rider
684 Posts
Hey Marcus sorry dude I didn't even realize you bring the OP was also part of the company making it.
So here's the thing, I fully support the effort. It's cool someone takes the time and energy plus cash to bring anything to market.
The A/C no doubt flows a ton of air from just the surface area alone it has to beat everyone I agree.
The look is not that great for a street bike, for all out drag bike it's function over form all day long.
On a bike that's never going to be anything but a big road cruiser, to me and it's obviously just my lowly opinion it looks to industrial. So yes we need other designs and still have a suitable style, Form over function.
That being said I hope you sell a ton of them.
But remember their is nothing wrong with negative feedback that's constructive, everyone wants positive feedback. Which means you are doing right, but a little negative now and then can redirect focus or design and open up other possibilities.

·
Banned
5,398 Posts
Why copy another manufacturers name? Is asking that such negativity? Also if you claim this or that on having the best and most air flow, please post a chart or two confirming this compared to others. If mild comments bother anyone on a damn forum, then maybe putting out a product for the general public is not in your crystal ball future readings.
Instead, be like some other people such as Aeromach who kindly reply on why their product is better and what it took to get the results, ect.

1 - 20 of 94 Posts