Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter HERE for September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
366 Posts
I hate to say it, but you're talking GA and FL during the summer. Riding in the heat is one thing, riding in the GA and FL heat, where the "feels Like" temp has been reaching 110-112 the last few days, is a whole other thing. If the coolant temp shows 184, it's normal and the fan isn't on. If it creeps up to about 212 you'll definitely feel the fan kick on, but in my experience it's only on for a minute. And my experience is riding in central FL heat.

·
Registered
366 Posts
In addition to the above comments, I have an important tip. Stay well hydrated on those hot rides. I rode 4 hours in 98 degree SC heat the other day and I drank 6, 20oz bottles of water and two bottles of Gatorade. I didn't pee all day until I got home. That tells me that my body needed all of that fluid to replace what I was losing.
This helps me avoid dehydration and heat exhaustion. It's hard to focus when I'm extremely dehydrated. It's almost like driving drunk.
Absolutely!! If you're out riding on a really hot day and think you've drank enough, you probably didn't. Like ChiefHelm said, if you ain't peeing you're not hydrated.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts