Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking for options on adding additional luggage to the Chieftain for long trips. I'll always be riding solo so I don't need a passenger backrest and if possible I'd like to forego the expense. Having a quick release one like Indian offers is nice for trips because I could put one bag on the passenger seat, secured by the passenger backrest, and one bag on an attached luggage rack, but I'm looking for options w/o the pass. backrest since I'd only need it for long trips. I noticed that Kuryaken has a gran touring bag that somehow fastens to the passenger seat. Anyone have experience with it? Other options? I've always had a top, hard bag but kinda like not having the extra bulk on the Chieftain. Thanks.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I've used T-Bags and Saddlemen bags and either is a great option. I lean towards the Saddlemen based on price/feature/quality, they provide a lot of bang for the buck.
Their tunnel and seat back bags are great.
http://www.saddlemen.com/products/k2mart/bags-luggage/seat-tail-tunnel-pillion-bags/seat-tail-tunnel-bags.html

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks mjw. I'll check those out. I've always used, and really liked, CoolSac motorcycle luggage but most of their's requires a passenger backrest/sissy bar. They have a 4,000 cu. in. bag I'd like to have but I'd have to get the backrest. I may just bite the bullit and get the detachable backrest and luggage rack. We'll see. Thanks.

·
Founding member
761 Posts
Check out the Dry Spec D38 from Twisted Throttle. These bags are big enough to hold everything you need for a week of traveling with easy access and totally waterproof. Easy on and off and doesnt weight anything. Plus you can strap a coat or other items on the top or sides if you want. Way better than the hard tail bags that aren't even waterproof. You can get at anything in the bag without removing it from the bike. Attaches right to the rear seat with straps to the saddle bag mounting spools. You don't need a backrest.

·
Founding member
1,030 Posts
Thank you TC. That looks like a great bag. I found a good solution but am strongly considering adding that bag for flexibility.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts