Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am trying to find the female plug that will attach to the extra plug inside the faring. Can someone give me a link to purchase one?

·
German Rider
1,737 Posts
Normally it should be behind the right side fork tube (seen in driving direction) . Often packed in black tape. IIRC there should was some blue plastic on the connector.

Sorry, should have read your post till the end.... My fault. Could only provide a source in germany.

Cu,
Sven

·
Registered
70 Posts
I am trying to find the female plug that will attach to the extra plug inside the faring. Can someone give me a link to purchase one?
On my 18 RM if you pull the cover off around the headlight and the headlight it is in the lower left side. Now if someone can tell me if they have one for the 20 RM, I have looked everywhere in there and can not locate.

·
KHAOS
2019 Pearl White & Star Silver Roadmaster
535 Posts
On my 18 RM if you pull the cover off around the headlight and the headlight it is in the lower left side. Now if someone can tell me if they have one for the 20 RM, I have looked everywhere in there and can not locate.
It is in the same place but it is a much smaller plug type. See attachment. IMG_0539.jpeg

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I have a 18 RM, I have located the plug in the faring. I want to add a cigarette lighter. I need the (female) plug that fits onto that plug.

·
KHAOS
535 Posts
You will need this connector and these pins for to connect to the connector in the pic. You will also need a crimper for the pins that go into the connector. There are a lot of different Crimpers out there for a big variety of prices. This one is actually one of the lower priced ones. It works well but it takes a little finesse to get the crimps as you will want them. I bought extra pins and I'm glad I did. Took me 3 tries to get them to turn out good enough to insert into the connector.
Of course all this and more are available to you on Amazon. This is what I did to add a USB power source. A lot of work but it is a good switched power source. Good Luck!
Crimper.jpg
IMG_0539.jpeg

Connector.jpg pin.jpg

·
German Rider
1,737 Posts
Or you have to put on the older style plug on the bike to fit the module.

Cu,
Sven

·
Premium Member
2021 Roadmaster Icon
69 Posts

Attachments

·
KHAOS
535 Posts
This is the assembled connector in case that you don't want to build them yourself.

Did not know they had assembled versions, thanks for that.

·
Registered
70 Posts

·
Registered
260 Posts
I have a 18 RM, I have located the plug in the faring. I want to add a cigarette lighter. I need the (female) plug that fits onto that plug.
You get 5 each of the male and female ends, but they are super cheap.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
You get 5 each of the male and female ends, but they are super cheap.

Thanks for the help, guess I'll have a couple extras.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts