Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My warranty expires at the end of may on my 2018 chieftain and I was looing into a motorcyle warranty through total auto protect.
there cost for there 4 year total premier plan cost the same as Indian 3 year plan. Has anyone ever heard or used total auto protect

·
Registered
Chief Classic Pearl White.
253 Posts
I had the same questions and received no feedback. I ended up buying the genuine Indian protection plan instead. The Indian dealer I bought my bike from 1 year and 11 months earlier gave me a better price than online and I bought the longest term. After reading the terms, it seems like a good plan if you are keeping your bike and do not want to worry about breakdowns. It covers everything except wear parts (tires, clutch, belt, battery) and cosmetics. Fortunately, have not needed it yet, but who knows.

“With over 1,500 parts covered, it's better to ask what isn't covered? An Indian Motorcycle Protection Plan covers all mechanical and electrical failures excluding wear items (batteries, belts, wheel bearings, etc...) abused units (mud or swamped units), neglected units, or cosmetic damages”

·
Founding member
1,021 Posts
Great input from Nburd above, Alan. I, too, got the 7 year Indian ext. warranty when I bought my RM. My dealer, Gregory Polaris in Little Rock gave me a very good deal on it. Talk to your dealer and I'd also suggest calling Rob Gregory, the owner of Gregory Polaris. Ask for Rob, an easy guy to talk with and very helpful. Their number is: 501-834-0344. I live 480 miles from them and have dealers close by but I go to them. They are that good!

·
Founding member
1,021 Posts
Alan,
I texted Rob Gregory to see if having people call was okay with him and I got the following reply. You can see why Gregory Polaris is my go-to dealer even though they are 480 miles from me. Great people. Rob's text follows:
Oh please do have them call. Here's the thing about extended warranties. It may be needed and it gives a tremendous piece of mind.
The factory warranty is recognized immediately nationwide at any Indian dealer and the consumer doesn't need to carry any paperwork with them because it's traced with the Vin number.
2nd, if the unit has a warranty and the guy is selling his bike, it's transferable to the next owner without any hitches. After market warranties state transfer has to be done within 30 days or they're voided.
3rd, with after market company's they go belly up everyday and the policy holder doesn't even know it until.... they're needed.
4th, any dealer knows what the factory warranty covers or can find out pretty dang quick. With an aftermarket a traveling estimator is usually needed for approval once in your area and this may take a week while you just happen to be on vacation. Bummer.
5th, I can at least tell them if they are getting a good deal.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts