Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

Extended Warranty

16408 Views 67 Replies 28 Participants Last post by  aupc
What are the thoughts behind buying the extended warranty. I am not really too much of a do-it-yourself kind of guy, but I am willing to learn. I do plan on doing some longer trips and it seems that the "loss of use" feature seems nice. Anybody have any experiences positive or negative with the warranty.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
472 Posts
When I bought my RM I purchased an additional 3 years warranty. I'm not certain, but I thought this was through Polaris.(I'd have to go dig out the paperwork) When I just bought the Scout the dealer was selling an extended warranty through a company called Pinnacle. I did not purchase it at the time, but was told I could do so any time prior to the original warranty expiration. The salesman told me they don't sell the Polaris extended warranties because Pinnacle is much easier to deal with on warranty repair than Polaris. He said the coverage is identical and the Pinnacle is slightly cheaper. Non of this confirmed...FWIW.

· Registered
472 Posts
He told you that because dealers get a commission on the sale. They often sell it to you at a makeup they think you'll pay then offer lower price if you wont.
I would think they would get a commission either from Polaris or Pinnacle...perhaps better on Pinnacle...don't know. But he was convincing that Pinnacle is easier to deal with on warranty work. He gave examples of how/what they have to submit to Polaris vs. Pinnacle.
Anyway, just want people to know they have options.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.