Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was looking into getting this windshield from ebay and wondering if anyone here has tried it.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

·
Bronze member
1,919 Posts
Looks like an Indian accessory windshield.
Great price even if it is not a Polaris part.

·
Registered
66 Posts
It looks good for a knock-off. However, unless someone can attest for it, it's hard to tell how it'll perform.
It it works out, this will save you over $300.

·
Bronze member
5,097 Posts
It looks like the Indian shield shape. The thing to do before buying is chase up some of the threads on buffeting.

When I had a Scout in 2016/17 I bought it with the tall shield and that thing buffeted like crazy. It was a common complaint and there were lots of people looking for other options. Aftermarket options have probably improved since then.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks everyone. Never rode with a windshield so not sure what buffeting is. I'm guessing it is similar to the sound you get in a car with just the back windows down?

·
Registered
409 Posts
Thanks everyone. Never rode with a windshield so not sure what buffeting is. I'm guessing it is similar to the sound you get in a car with just the back windows down?

yea but it also slaps you in the face and chest most of the time also

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I have the oem 21' windshield now. Buffetting gets really bad once you get past 65mph. I'm still searching for a replacement and read some good review on the Freedom windshield, but you will still need the Indian hardware.
I have looked at Freedom as well but don't have the hardware which is why I am considering ebay. I figure if it's junk I at least have the hardware and still saving money compared to buying Indian brand and then replacing with Freedom.

·
Registered
66 Posts
I have looked at Freedom as well but don't have the hardware which is why I am considering ebay. I figure if it's junk I at least have the hardware and still saving money compared to buying Indian brand and then replacing with Freedom.

I think that's a very good plan. I'm all for saving money as well! Let us know how it goes.

·
Rider
1,167 Posts
I have the oem 21' windshield now. Buffetting gets really bad once you get past 65mph. I'm still searching for a replacement and read some good review on the Freedom windshield, but you will still need the Indian hardware.
I have a Memphis Shades windshield (Del Rio I think) and it looks perfect, but it makes unpleasant buffeting and above 60 makes the front end feel unstable. I bought a Dart Marlin, which looks like it's mostly cosmetic because of its size and have been much happier with it.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts