Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is the only consequence of a sub par wrap job aesthetic or are there also mechanical consequences.

·
Bronze member
2,735 Posts
I "get" that exhaust wrap is visually appealing to some (and a horrifying disfigurement to others) ... But in this day and age, where the sum total of Human knowledge is a keyboard away, anyone believing that exhaust wrap on their Indian does anything "good" has the ability to prove themselves wrong.

Perhaps, when the species is deemed fully matured, we will share Neander Nowledge with you Cro-Mags..
But not anytime soon - ya'll only recently "found" the Higgs Boson..(lol)

And... we still need a written language..

·
Bronze member
2,735 Posts
Well English IS a second language for me.. ( No, I don't actually have a first language.. but we're working on one..)

Wrapping exhaust = bad ? Well it has to do with a bunch of stuff I don't understand:
Thermal cycling allowing constant condensation to occur between the wrap and the piping - destroying the piping.
Thermal overstress and thermal fatiguing - causing pipe weakening and destruction.
Gas velocity alterations that defeat the "as designed" scavenging of 2-1, and 2-1-2 exhaust systems.
One I do understand: Immediate and permanent cancellation of any warranty on the exhaust system.

·
Bronze member
2,735 Posts
Reactions: Stone612
1 - 7 of 7 Posts