Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
are exhaust tips between different companies generally interchangeable between several different pipes? seems like there are tips from one company that can be installed onto pipes from someone else. do you check with maker before doing this or are tips pretty much universal?

sites like this makes it seem like they are all interchangeable: Cruiser End Caps

·
Registered
127 Posts
They are usually NOT interchangeable. If they are same diameter, they might fit...with or without adaptation, such as drilling new holes.

·
Bronze member
3,953 Posts
i've seen multiple posts here of people that seem to have put on end caps from a different company than the mufflers, including this recent one: What's your thought on Opposing Color End Tips?

how do these people know what will work for their pipes?

Performance Machine Makes tips for various exhaust systems like Vance and Hines and Rinehart. They sell them in size range like 4" and 3.5" And the Rinehart tips will also fit various bikes.

The downside is these tips take there pricing from Indian 100 bucks for each tip.

·
Registered
180 Posts
OP:
It's pretty simple. The exhaust companies that make the pipes sell their tips. There are also usually aftermarket ones from other companies too. You can take your pick.

I can't see any reason to fashion one onto a pipe that is not made for it. There are some nice ones out there that fit like they are supposed to.

·
Registered
1 Posts
The conversation broadened my knowledge Thanks for sharing. Keep going 🛵 🛵 🛵

·
Rider
775 Posts
Do different tips change the exhaust note on a pipe?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts