Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey y’all, fairly new to the forums and road riding in general. Just bought a 17 scout sixty and it had stage 1 slip ons installed. I went to take the tips off by unscrewing the two Allen keys at the 6 and 9 o’clock positions but those tips aren’t budging ONE BIT. I tried penetrating lube and a small rubber mallet to no avail. Any advice?

·
Registered
85 Posts
Hello, removing those black tips was one of the first things I did to my Scout. Looks much better in my opinion. Paul

·
Bronze member
1,439 Posts
Try removing the screws after the bike is hot. Factory uses a type of thread locker. Mine were a little difficult too.

·
Bronze member
1,439 Posts
On the OEM mufflers Removing the screws will let you take the decorative black end cap off, that’s all. The mufflers are welded up to keep you out. Some have used a 1-1/8” ( maybe 1-1/4”) hole saw and extension to cut through the baffle divider ( 1st ) then the cat (2nd). To open up the exhaust. I don’t know about the stage 1 mufflers build. Personally I just bought new mufflers. Saved the take offs if I ever sold the bike.

·
Registered
293 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
THANK YOU!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts