Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I’m looking to buy towards the end of the year. I have my eye on a 19 chieftain posable 20 maybe the mystical “challenge” if they drop it. Currently I have an 06 Electra glide with 96 inch “big bore” for that year kit with a Danmoto 2 into 1 exhaust. Should I be looking for Slip-On or full exhaust. And if I go with the full exhaust do I need an extra tuner. What are some recommendations y’all favorite.

Thanks

·
Vendor / bronze
2,849 Posts
The stock headers are designed pretty well. So I recommend slip-ons. However, if you go the full route you should research and buy into a complete package so you can get a system from one source which will include a fuel computer, tuning, and support.

·
Registered
301 Posts
In hindsight, having been through this with my RM, I would first knock the plugs out of the stock exhaust and evaluate the sound and performance and go from there. I have a friend that has true duals and sound wise it amazing but as far as power, he has ridden my bike and says it has more power. I personally didn't notice much difference in power.

·
Distinguished Founding Member
5,336 Posts
If Brand New I would go Slip Ons to Start .. Won't affect Warranty .. Get at least 5,000 Miles on it before eliminating the Cat, Just in case might run into a Warranty Issue ..

·
Bronze member
2,754 Posts
Work out. what your going to buy first and then look at what you could or want to do then.The best thing about this forum is that there are so many guys willing to help. If you buy the new 2020 bikes ,I understand tat the 116 kit will be offered as standard along with the new Challenger , so things will change by that time. Just my 2 cents worth .

1 - 9 of 9 Posts