Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone, I’m looking for an exhaust for my Scout bobber sixty. Hoping to find something that’s in the medium loud range. And yes I know loud pipes save lives, they just aren’t my taste. Any shorties recommendation would be a plus!! I like the look of the RPW USA Villain exhaust but even after calling them they couldn’t tell me how loud they thing they. All I got from them was “look for YouTube videos” which I could only find one. Thanks in advance!

·
Bronze member
1,976 Posts
Bobber_Manny

What is your personal decibel or sound pressure level? And at what RPM or at idle?

Without knowing your personal requirements,....you may just have to listen to many varied systems to decide what is best for you.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I've only had 3 sets on my bike so far. First was factory, second were the GP Shorty things that are constant loud or very loud, and now I have these Bassani slipons and they're fine. I do feel they are a little too quiet, no "rip" ability really, but that might be because I'm coming off a year's use of the screaming GP Shortys. You could make good noise with those under a bridge. Bassani are completely respectable I think for any neighborhood, church, even funeral.

I haven't yet, but plan that if I am to go ride when I think I need loud, it's a real simple process with slipons to switch them back and forth, so putting loud on when needing and having good sound Bassani's on at other times is a way to go.

I checked out the RPW USA Villain, left picture below, I like that they're shorter than bassani's in bottom right. near same price range too I think, sound similar from what I heard in the Villian video. I may have looked at those if I'd known about them because I wanted shorter and it putts like the Bassani.
Land vehicle Vehicle Motorcycle Motor vehicle Fuel tank

1 - 4 of 4 Posts