Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just bought a 2020 roadmaster dark horse. Have a couple questions

1. Is the stock exhaust any different than the regular roadmaster?

2. If i wanted to replace the stock exhaust would the indian parts from the dealer (stage 1) be best? Or are there cheaper better options out there

3. What is a fair price for stage 1 and or stage 2 installation and parts

4. If i wanted to get an after market slip on what size fits this bike? 3 inch? 4 inch?

I realize I'm new and these are basic questions so any help is appreciated. If you just wanna troll me that's cool to lol

·
Rider
646 Posts
There are definitely much cheaper slip ones. I have the Vance and Hines classics. The best thing you can do is try to hear, in person, any pipes you are interested in to see if you like the sound. Indians have 4 inch slip ons, but remember you have to get pipes for the hard bag bikes, they have little feet the bags sit on.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
There are definitely much cheaper slip ones. I have the Vance and Hines classics. The best thing you can do is try to hear, in person, any pipes you are interested in to see if you like the sound. Indians have 4 inch slip ons, but remember you have to get pipes for the hard bag bikes, they have little feet the bags sit on.

will anything that fits the Roadmaster also fit the Roadmaster Dark Horse? Maybe that's a stupid question but I don't know if there's any difference between the exhaust and bag clearance or the fitting hardware etc

·
Bronze member
3,429 Posts
Yes.... anything that is designed for a hard bag Indian TS111 or TS116 will fit... you can do a search on exhaust and there are lots of sound bites on what that particular exhaust sounds like... I'm past the "loud" pipe stage to be honest, so Indian's stage 1 pipes are just right for me

Reactions: MadMardigan

·
Rider
548 Posts
Have the Indian slip on mufflers with six-shooter tips on our RM....we like them as they provide enough rumble to be interesting without waking up the entire neighborhood when I leave for work at 5 am. We had the headers done by American Custom and the Stage 2 cams installed. PV3 tuned with FuelMoto. Bike sounds and runs fantastic. May be able to save a hundred or so by going with after market mufflers but the options Indian provides are pretty good IMO.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I am really happy with my American Custom exhaust. Send them your stock exhaust and they modify it for $199. Can’t beat the price, you retain the stock look, and I think they sound great.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts