Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Bronze member
2,202 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
The front heat shield on my Chieftain Limited is loose and vibrates up the header pipe as it moves, decoupling from the lower heat shield exposing a small gap. I've tried to reset it in place, but it keeps moving. Anyway to tighten them down?

Narrow band clamp, not a worm drive hose clamp-no nut or screw to tighten

·
Bronze member
3,393 Posts
hose clamps... look under and you will see them.. tighten them up and your problem should be solved

·
Bronze member
2,202 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It's a narrow band clamp, not a worm drive clamp-no nut or screw to tighten

·
Registered
221 Posts
The front heat shield on my Chieftain Limited is loose and vibrates up the header pipe as it moves, decoupling from the lower heat shield exposing a small gap. I've tried to reset it in place, but it keeps moving. Anyway to tighten them down?

Narrow band clamp, not a worm drive hose clamp-no nut or screw to tighten
What year is it?

Sent from my LGMP260 using Tapatalk

·
Bronze member
2,202 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

·
Rider
511 Posts
You’ll have to replace the clamps with worm drive clamps or get new crimp on clamps and the crimping tool.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
221 Posts
Ya I'm in the shop Manuel and not specifying any worm drive clamp I'm wondering if the factory installed them as a permanent band if that is the case maybe one broke,might have to remove exhaust and do a little spot weld, me I would install a new header, time for upgrade brother!

Sent from my LGMP260 using Tapatalk

·
Rider
719 Posts
My 2017 Springfield had worm clamps on all shields except the short shield on the rear cylinder. The permanent bands on that shield got a little loose and allowed for some slippage. Just broke out the Dremel tool with a cutting wheel and removed the two fixed clamps and replaced them with narrow width worm clamps. Sounds like you might have the same problem.

·
Bronze member
2,202 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Looked non serviceable, thanks guys

Reactions: Bonzai
1 - 10 of 10 Posts