Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Need some info on how to remove the header from the new Indian motor. I can see that there is a nut at the exhaust port on the cyclinder head but think there has to be more than one not to remove the header

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
Someone with a service manual may chime in, but in the meantime maybe this will help:

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
Looks like you unscrew #11 and #17 to get access. I got to get me a manual. Hey, does anybody know where the Cat. Converter is and how to get that Rascal out? Does it improve anything? Maybe I should get my 1st State Inspection first.

·
Founding member
950 Posts
Per manual using above schematic.
Remove the screws [12] securing the heat sink trim cover to the cylinder head and remove cover.
Remove the flange nuts [10] from the head pipe and remove head pipe from motorcycle.

·
Super Moderator
4,867 Posts
Hey, does anybody know where the Cat. Converter is and how to get that Rascal out? Does it improve anything? Maybe I should get my 1st State Inspection first.
Where the "2 into 1" is, that's where the catalyst is. I could see your bike failing the State emission test (if your State requires one) with the cat removed.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Texas does not do emissions testing on motorcycles.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

1 - 10 of 10 Posts