Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What ill effects should I be looking for if I'm looking for an exhaust gasket leak on TS111?

I put a Jackpot header on my '19 Roadmaster this past weekend. A neighbor wanted to hang out and help, and even though I'm usually a control freak and want to do everything myself, I let him assist and do some wrenching. MY MISTAKE.

It would appear he did not remove the old exhaust gasket from the front cylinder before installing a new gasket. I'm hoping that it will just seal with 2 gaskets, but my hopes get dashed often. So what should I be looking for to tell if there is a leak and I have to pull the exhaust again (BIG PAIN)?

·
Registered
5,919 Posts
You might see a lot of decel backfiring, also engine codes from error signals from your O2 sensors, and fuel mixtures going out of spec. I would plan on checking those gaskets for proper assembly as well as retightening the header connections.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
A hundred or so miles and so far no decel backfiring, no engine or O2 sensor codes. Good to know to look for.

·
Registered
2,398 Posts
Ride it another couple hundred miles, then recheck the torque on the header nuts. Another thing to look for is soot appearing around the header pipe where the flange is if it is leaking.

·
Bronze member
2,570 Posts
If both front and rear gaskets were left in I wouldn’t have thought it would be an issue to fit one more set ( next time just remember to remove them) has sed check the flange nuts are tight.

·
Rider
865 Posts
Dont think there will be issue with that being like this.
There will be tell tale signs indicating leak.
I would check the exhaust header bolts as mentioned prior.
Its not hard to do. You could do both flanges in about 10 mins.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks everyone. I run it like it is and make sure the flange bolts stay tight.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

1 - 7 of 7 Posts