Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
326 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just ordered this but read that evrything is included in the kit but...

I did not see the extended shift rod in the picture. Will I need to order this?

Should be included in the kit one would think.

·
Registered
326 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I had the dealer install mine so I never looked in the package but it is supposed to be part of the kit.
How much better do you find it? I'm 6'2 and hoping it relieves so pain I sometimes get in the hip area.

·
Registered
15 Posts
How much better do you find it? I'm 6'2 and hoping it relieves so pain I sometimes get in the hip area.
It is helpful for me. I am 6'5" and I am also going to install some extended brake and shift levers because I have big feet also.

·
Registered
326 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
my kit came with the rod and a longer brake cable, beware the scouts are notoriously hard to bleed correctly
Thanks good to know and am very aware of the brake bleeding though read one can just reroute existing brake line but that has yet to be seen.

·
Registered
418 Posts
It is helpful for me. I am 6'5" and I am also going to install some extended brake and shift levers because I have big feet also.
I’m like you on the height . I’m curious to where you are getting your extended levers from ? I am running the Kuryakyn minis too and those help with the extended reach.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
326 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Just so you all know, extended reach foot control does not work with Chinese crash bars. Can downshift but can't up-shift cause it hits the bottom bar. Will be contacting Dean Speed to see if his will work.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts