Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
298 Posts
They should also go over the bike with you tip to tail. No matter how experienced of a rider you may be, there are certain things you will learn about the bike that are often overseen. You will leave with more knowledge instead of just reading reviews, youtube videos and forums. Remember, there are no stupid questions. Atleast that's how we operate.

·
Bronze member
1,498 Posts
Good thread idea...

Maybe some of this is asking for too much. Here's what I feel Indian should include with the purchase of one of their premium motorcycles:

1. Reasonalby well-equipped toolkit wrapped in a nice leather (or nice canvas at the very least) pouch with the Indian emblem embossed in it.

2. Some type of Indian shirt (t-shirt, polo shirt, button-up) that is only available to an owner, not the general public.

3. Indian key chain.

4. A nice certificate (worthy of framing or already framed) of ownership with owner's name, VIN, birthdate and dealer name.

5. A 20% off coupon to purchase accessories or apparel.

6. I read somewhere on this forum that a Scout buyer was given an Indian Head penny with his purchase. Personally, I think that is a cool idea. I'm guessing the penny was inside a nice case.

7. As mentioned previously, a personal review with your salesperson of the bike related to operation, break-in, maintenance, and detailing.

·
Registered
1,766 Posts
Good thread idea...

Maybe some of this is asking for too much. Here's what I feel Indian should include with the purchase of one of their premium motorcycles:

1. Reasonalby well-equipped toolkit wrapped in a nice leather (or nice canvas at the very least) pouch with the Indian emblem embossed in it.

2. Some type of Indian shirt (t-shirt, polo shirt, button-up) that is only available to an owner, not the general public.

3. Indian key chain.

4. A nice certificate (worthy of framing or already framed) of ownership with owner's name, VIN, birthdate and dealer name.

5. A 20% off coupon to purchase accessories or apparel.

6. I read somewhere on this forum that a Scout buyer was given an Indian Head penny with his purchase. Personally, I think that is a cool idea. I'm guessing the penny was inside a nice case.

7. As mentioned previously, a personal review with your salesperson of the bike related to operation, break-in, maintenance, and detailing.
Be grateful they put gas in the tank!

·
Registered
10 Posts
All that comes with the purchase of a scout is the scout. No toolkit or anything else. The dealer I had was great in that they did a full point to point check of the bike, put a full tank of gas in it and showed me the ropes viz the electronics and gauge control on the bike and sent me off. It's BYO - everything else including the manual.

·
Registered
2,193 Posts
When we deliver a new Indian M/C, we:
A.) Have the bike on a lift for the customer to visually inspect.
B.) Go over all the control functions, features, displays and radio functions if applicable. Explain how security fobs work if applicable. Show them how to set the clock, preset radio stations and mate up smartphones to BlueTooth.
C.) Point out where/how to check oil-filter-drain bolts/coolant/brake fluid/tire pressures and applicable amounts.
D.) Go over the basics in the owners manual and point out maintenance intervals.
E.) Go over warranty coverage.
F.) Show them tool kit, keys and all pertaining paperwork
G.) Ask for photo for our customer wall
H.) Provide (1) dealer Indian t-shirt for Scout and (2) for Chief line
I.) Provide choice of (2) of either ceramic Indian coffee mug or 16 oz Indian beer pint glass
J.) Answer questions and then sign off on delivery process.
All bikes get full tank of premium gas. I may have missed something but that's the gist..

·
Registered
572 Posts
Troop, you say you show them the (F) tool kit. What is included in that kit? I have read everything from nothing but a hex wrench to a shock adjustment tool.

·
Registered
2,193 Posts
Troop, you say you show them the (F) tool kit. What is included in that kit? I have read everything from nothing but a hex wrench to a shock adjustment tool.
The tool kit with the Scout is allen/phillip screw driver piece behind license plate mount and spanner wrench. Chiefs get a few more pieces and Chieftain/Roadmasters get shock pumps..

1 - 18 of 18 Posts