Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
461 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ever had a dream where you owned a motorcycle and rode it and had a great time... then only to wake up and realize you sold it. Then when you realize it was just a dream and then you have NO bike to ride.... it is like the biggest bummer ever!

Well I have had that dream at least 5 times since the late 60'd when I started to ride. It was so real! I even said ( in one dream) that this time is is not going to be a dream. Then I wake up and it was a damn dream.

Well the other night I had that dream again. We had a jolly good time riding too. In the twilight between sleep and non-sleep... I was thinking damn, same ole freaking dream. It was so freaking awesome to become fully awake and go look to see that bike was indeed in my possession! It was a great ride that day.

WHAT SAY YOU?

·
Registered
958 Posts
I see your from Ia and they haven't even legalized it yet.

·
Founding member
719 Posts
I sometimes have those dreams about one of my X-wives, then I wake up after all the riding.

·
Founding member / Distinguished
3,692 Posts
I usually wake up from the dream just before the cop gives me a speeding ticket.

·
Registered
8,005 Posts
When someone ask how I'm doing , I always reply like this.

Well, I didn't wake up dead this morning, and any day that happens its a good day. If you wake up dead, its not a good start and your day is very unlikely to get any better.

·
Registered
8,005 Posts
Ever had a dream where you owned a motorcycle and rode it and had a great time... then only to wake up and realize you sold it. Then when you realize it was just a dream and then you have NO bike to ride.... it is like the biggest bummer ever!

Well I have had that dream at least 5 times since the late 60'd when I started to ride. It was so real! I even said ( in one dream) that this time is is not going to be a dream. Then I wake up and it was a damn dream.

Well the other night I had that dream again. We had a jolly good time riding too. In the twilight between sleep and non-sleep... I was thinking damn, same ole freaking dream. It was so freaking awesome to become fully awake and go look to see that bike was indeed in my possession! It was a great ride that day.

WHAT SAY YOU?
I see your feeling better. Last I saw you were desperately trying to sell your Springfield due to Illness. Is this the bike in your dreams now? If so, congratulations on beating the reaper!!!

·
Registered
326 Posts
I used to have a dream about an asphalt seam that almost wrecked me. The setting was on the way home from work on a bike I used to own. Weird, but I never lost it. But unsettling. Many times after a long ride i lay down and envision two lane road with guardrails on both sides and go too sleep with that picture. Most dreams I ever remember wind up being not good. But hey, never got asphalt rash from a dream!

·
Registered
461 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
I see your feeling better. Last I saw you were desperately trying to sell your Springfield due to Illness. Is this the bike in your dreams now? If so, congratulations on beating the reaper!!!
Yes, thank you!
I have postponed his grip. The most recent dream was indeed involving my beautiful Springfield.

Moving back to wonderful Louisiana, much better food, much warmer, and yes even a slight hint of salt air with strong south winds have been extremely cathartic in my healing process.

Besides what the ignorant doctors would say,
That place just sucked all hope out of my being. I know to some, Louisiana seems messed up. But do you say that because you lived here, or because that is what you heard?

Truthfully other places are NICE to visit
But have yet to find people any where that experience and create the joy of life, the way people do here in Cajun country.

The folks in Kentucky ( mainly Mennonite)
Were super helpful in my getting back home.
As for jobs, for the most part if you are not from there, landing a good job is most unlikely!

Hopefully one day crooked politicians that try to out crooked the swamp dwellers of DC,
Will be a thing of the past. Louisiana will be great again!

Folks don’t realize that most of the energy the USA consumes is made possible by hard workers like me!

·
Registered
8,005 Posts
I used to have a dream about an asphalt seam that almost wrecked me. The setting was on the way home from work on a bike I used to own. Weird, but I never lost it. But unsettling. Many times after a long ride i lay down and envision two lane road with guardrails on both sides and go too sleep with that picture. Most dreams I ever remember wind up being not good. But hey, never got asphalt rash from a dream!
I ueed to have a dream about a girl THAT DID wreck me!!!

·
Registered
461 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I ueed to have a dream about a girl THAT DID wreck me!!!
Lol, many folks have that dream

I guess the reason I said anything is because of all the things I have done, from hang gliding
Crazy good times with a super hot lady,
Sailing, flying aerobatics in a Pitts... etc.....
I enjoy riding the most!!!

I can remember the first time I road on two wheels that had a motor on it.
I was in 6th grade and it was a British Solex with the 2hp 2 cycle friction drive to front wheel.
When my buddy let me ride it, for all of 5 minutes, giving it back hurt like hell. In other words I was ready to ride into the sunset!!

So, that said, as you can see I live to ride and ride to live ... in so many words.
However these days the need to ride is not nearly as strong. One kinda mellows after 65

·
Silver member
3,986 Posts
So you dreamt you rode your bike, woke up realising you sold it, only later to realise the fact that you sold it was a dream too??

That's some serious recursion dude...

·
Diamond member
8,504 Posts
Then you probably have sleep apnea. My first experience with a Cpap was crazy vivid dreams due to actually falling to and staying in deep sleep.
Yep big time sign
Thanks for looking out dudes! But, I sleep like a rock and I can connect the time it began, and the time I started a medication. When Ive gone off the meds I dream, I just never remember them.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts