Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This thread started as a reply to 'Brought my Indian home' but I think that this discussion is important enough for it's own thread so I posting it under ESC Contract for future discussion.

I called number provided by Indian in the owners manual and was reffered to Warranty Assurance (866 301-7375) to answer my questions about the ESC contract. They told me that although there has been talk about a ESC for Indian motorcycles but they don't have anything at the present time. The rep told me the same thing happened when Victory's first came out and they didn't have anything in place for the 1st 6 months. He also said that they have 3 different plans for Polaris products, from a basic power train only to a full coverage plan including the electronics. But, since they are not handling the ESC for Indian at this time he doesn't know which plan will be offered.

I assumed from Indians advertising that the ESC would cover everything because they wanted to assure buyers that the new motorcycle would be problem free. My dealer told me that it was only a power train warranty while other dealers have told buyers it covers everything. I find it disturbing that no one including Indian can provide a straight answer.

If anyone from Indian is monitoring this site I would like a definitive answer to what exactly the ESC covers.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
My dealer just called me and told me it is a full warrenty. I think everyone is still learning.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Another question for Indian: Is the warranty transferable? Does it stay with the bike for the life of the contract? And yes! Get it in writing!

This is what I've heard:
<span>Please contact your local authorized Polaris/Indian dealer. You will be asked to fill out an 'ESC Transfer Form'. The transfer must be done within 30 days of purchasing the previously owned unit and there is a $25.00 fee. </span>

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Agree with Hey_Yu, get everything in writing. Do not just take the dealers word.
Although this thread is not about Victory Motorcycles, Indian is also under the Polaris umbrella!
http://www.thevog.net/forum/thread/22545/horrendous-dealers-in-south-florida/

http://www.greatermotorsportssucks.com/

1 - 5 of 5 Posts