Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've had this error a few times on my new 2021 Challenger DH. It is looking like it might have something to do when the saddlebag not being completely latched down.

When It does this I am getting the triangle error light in the dash and the saddlebags won't unlock / lock.

Sorry if this has already been addressed.

Anyone else experience this?

·
Registered
106 Posts
When you close the lids, are you pushing down firmly for an extra second to feel/hear it close? Mine sounds like 2 clicks.

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes. You have to press somewhat firmly to get it to do the second click. I'm thinking each time it did that the saddlebag wasn't completely latched down to the 2nd click

·
Registered
2020 Indian Challenger
792 Posts
You may want to double check the electrical connection that the motor. There's a chance it's a little loose and the bag not a full seal then riding causes it to lose connection.

·
Registered
94 Posts
I am confused. Is there really a sensor that detects if the bags are closed? Because I've ridden mine with the lid completely open (an item inside was too big for the lid to close at all), and there was no light or error at all.

·
Registered
2020 Indian Challenger
792 Posts
I think the error he's getting is more related to the lock motor. From what I've seen, the computers seem to do a lot of testing on devices to see how they function. If the connection was loose/bad, it could cause the code. The bag not shut properly could lead to more vibration making the issue more apparent.

·
Bronze member
1,355 Posts
The triangular yellow LED trouble light you are seeing is a CHASSIS fault light......could be a hundred things.....literally. Have you made any changes to your bike? Headlight, external lights, etc? These bikes have more electronics than the other Challenger....the Space Shuttle Challenger!! I doubt its the saddle bag lid.....but I could be wrong as there are no sensors to confirm it is OPEN or CLOSED.

·
Bronze member
4,865 Posts
I think the error he's getting is more related to the lock motor. From what I've seen, the computers seem to do a lot of testing on devices to see how they function. If the connection was loose/bad, it could cause the code. The bag not shut properly could lead to more vibration making the issue more apparent.
I don't have a Challenger but I'd chase up what Techrider is suggesting. The VCM is constantly checking the functioning of various components to see if the expected voltage and resistance values etc are within tolerance. This is how it alerts for blown headlight etc. My guess is that there is a check happening on a saddlebag lock solenoid that is showing a fault. Sometimes the VCM shuts down the faulty part and puts up the warning light. On an old school bike it would have blown a fuse and you'd have to diagnose the problem yourself. The fact that you can't lock/unlock points to this.

Can you pull the cable for each bag in turn without the warning light? (My Springfield allows the bike to run without bags attached so no warning light, but I don't know if the Challenger works like this.)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts