Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good afternoon,
I have 2 error codes first one is (0 65590) and the other is (1 65592) with check engine light flashing this is on a 2021 Indian Springfield Dark Horse... Does anyone know what the codes mean? I am bringing the bike to the shop next week but would like to get more info beforehand. I appreciate all the help in advance.
Vehicle Speedometer Odometer Trip computer Gauge

·
Registered
2014 Chief Vintage
252 Posts
These are Classic Codes … 😂
65590 engine misfire
65591 Cylinder 1
65592 Cylinder 2

There are a lot of different causes … unless the rear cylinder shuts down while you’re riding … then it’s not that big a deal … it should clear on the next restart …

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Indian has an app to where you can search code numbers

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk
Indian has an app to wh
Would you happen to know the name of the app?
These are Classic Codes … 😂
65590 engine misfire
65591 Cylinder 1
65592 Cylinder 2

Not that big a deal … should clear on the next restart …
Not big of a deal meaning misfires happen often on Indians...? Sorry very new to Indain and first non sports bike owner lol.

·
Registered
150 Posts
I do not think that is what @EvilMonkey is saying - sometimes the cylinder deactivation may cause this on a new bike, the issue should clear up especially if you bike is running fine otherwise. All the tech on bikes sometimes have false reporting issues. A spec of dust on a sensor could cause the issue as well. If it makes you feel better - go to the dealer, your bike should be under warranty.

There is a diagnostic app in the google play store which you could look up codes. If I remember, some time ago, someone posted the published codes for the TS111 on this forum, you could search for it.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I do not think that is what @EvilMonkey is saying - sometimes the cylinder deactivation may cause this on a new bike, the issue should clear up especially if you bike is running fine otherwise. All the tech on bikes sometimes have false reporting issues. A spec of dust on a sensor could cause the issue as well. If it makes you feel better - go to the dealer, your bike should be under warranty.

There is a diagnostic app in the google play store which you could look up codes. If I remember, some time ago, someone posted the published codes for the TS111 on this forum, you could search for it.
Thank you!

·
Registered
2014 Chief Vintage
252 Posts
The code can be triggered if you stall your bike … on my 14’ Vintage, when I bought it (Pre-owned 40k miles) it threw those codes and my rear cylinder shut down on the ride home from the dealer … I researched it on this forum and others … the first thing most folks say … is the electronics really depend on consistent voltage (a good battery) … first thing to check is your battery connections (that they are tight) and the frame ground. In my case my battery cables were loose … that stopped the rear cylinder from cutting out but I still threw some misfire codes. I didn’t know how old the battery was, it showed 12.3v before starting … I replaced the battery. That cut the misfire code down significantly. 2 months later … I replaced the plugs (they were loose too) with NKG Iridium plugs and the Wires with Sumax 8.2mm Red. Now I rarely see a misfire code … I never took it back to the dealer, it wasn’t a big deal … just took a little research and some wrenching … 😂

Overall, if the bike is running well … it shouldn’t an issue.
If you decide to check your battery connections… it’s imperative to be very careful not to short the VCM. Located right above the battery.

If you’re taking the bike to the dealer anyway … just have them check the battery connections.
Vehicle Hood Steering part Car Motor vehicle

1 - 8 of 8 Posts