Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
384 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So on my way to Rolling Thunder about 350 miles from home my 2015 Chieftain (26K) started to sputter like it was running out of gas gave it a bit of throttle and it cleared but came right back. Sputtering got worse and while I was trying to pass on highway one just over the Virginia border it kicked on the check engine light shut down the bike while doing 63 mph and displayed code 520277-4 Throttle Body Control-Power Stage- Minimum.

Called the shop maybe it was this or that let it sit 45 sec and try it again. Started back up running fine and maybe 15 minutes later bogged down sputtering again cleared on it own never shut down the bike so ride on. Continued on for four days with multiple shut downs and restarts seems most prevalent between 2800 - 3000 rpm and while passing so needless to say I got pretty good at rolling emergency restarts and finding spots to pull off.

So I get it into the shop tell them it only happens when she is good and warm. They have difficulty reproducing it but after a long test ride Ol Betty gave up her codes. Dealer fought with Polaris and had the bike three days they ended up swapping the throttle assembly and corrected the problem Betty running well now. Other than being without her for three days it all got covered by Polaris total cost $0.00. If you run into this problem its very frustrating and unsafe.

Problem: Bike runs rough and shuts down

Error Code: 520277-04Throttle Body Control-Power Stage- Minimum may also throw
520276 Throttle Position Sensor (1 or 2 Indeterminable), 520275 Accelerator Position / Brake Position Interaction

Solution: Swap out Throttle Body where sensor are integrated

Resources: 2014 Indian Motorcycle- Diagnostic Code Display and Descriptions pdf file (save to your phone)
or go to your app store and search Indian Diagnostics 2.6.10 from Hard Headed Software

Best of Luck

Jeremy

·
Registered
384 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
No a throttle position sensor was telling the throttle to decrease flow and rear cylinder was the sputtering and yes its under extended warranty so the fight was my typical experience with Polaris warranty folks. I have had some other minor issues and they seem resistant to covering issues.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts