Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been getting this error code 520262 C1038 ABS source voltage.....took it to the dealer they replaced the battery in my fob and replaced the battery in my bike. It was happening when I'd back out of my garage which is on a slight decline with the bike in the on position then try and start bike struggles then dies. Read it's the ABS sensor thinks your moving because it engages after reaching 1 mile of speed. So I stopped doing that. Yesterday I rolled it out in off position. Went through the starting process and it happend again giving me this same error code.....Any ideas of what I am doing wrong or any other know issues to cause this type of failure. It's a 2018 Chieftan Dark Horse.

·
Registered
2,622 Posts
I usually get that code when I am trying to start the bike when it is cold out. The ECU looks for a certain return from the ABS module and sensors, and if it does not see it then it throws the code. It was partially resolved with the recall for the parasitic battery drain that was put out in 2018.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Never had a recall for that strange. I'll have to contact someone and see if they had done that during one of my service sessions. Bike never did it before until this Riding season and it has been above 86 degrees all summer so definatley not the cold weather. I'll look into other means thank you!

·
Registered
46 Posts
do you keep the bike on a battery tender? mine does the same thing when i forget to leave it hooked up or its a colder day out, was told by my dealer the bike steals power from those sensors for the harder start

·
Bronze member
3,400 Posts
Never had a recall for that strange. I'll have to contact someone and see if they had done that during one of my service sessions. Bike never did it before until this Riding season and it has been above 86 degrees all summer so definatley not the cold weather. I'll look into other means thank you!
I don't believe it affected the 2018 models... if you register your bike on Indians site will list the recalls and when they were or were not done..

1 - 5 of 5 Posts