Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Turned on the bike this AM for the ride into work and had some code come up with a long number on the display and some other code under it starting with DTC. The check engine light was on. Drove the 4 miles to work figuring to write the numbers down when I got there, and call the dealer. Engine ran normally. Turned the engine off at work, waited a few seconds, and turned the bike on but didn't start it. Error code was gone. Couldn't get it back. Bike has 417 miles, is already nagging me about changing it's oil along with an hour meter reading, which I will do this weekend, but otherwise has been trouble free. Anyone else experiencing this?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
The code is only there for one ignition cycle so you have to write it down before you remove power. If the code did not re-appear when you started the bike again, the error is gone. May have been a fluke or it may come back.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Mine did the same thing once. It's never come back again. Not sure what it was, but it hasn't happened again.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Mine started throwing off rear O2 sensor codes (lean mixture and voltage problem), kickstand down code (although it was up) and another that I did not write down in time. I also had problems with the ABS that prevented the bike from starting. If you power the bike and roll it forward before starting it, the ABS system tries to do a system check and fails... preventing the bike from starting. Power up, don't roll the bike... it starts every time. Also, when I git the fualt codes for the O2 sensor, the fault codes indicated the rear cylinder as the problem. I replaced the rear O2 sensor and still got the error codes. It was actually the front cylinder O2 sensor that was bad. My dealer has been in touch with Indian techs and they say they are going to issue a software update.

Here is a link to a list of the error codes: http://mxmo.be/v/y77ke2o4

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
some place in your owners book around page 40 something it explains to you what it migh be.
I did read where guys on demo rides had the check ligh come on after they hit high rpms

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Turns out the computer knows too much and has specific preferences. Next day had the same thing occur, and this time I wrote the code down. Dealer did some reasearch and was very helpful. Have a 90' turn in my nieghborhood that I usually trail brake as I power out of the corner. The computer doesn't want me to brake and apply power at the same time, thus the code. At least it was nothing serious. Ride Safe, guys!

·
Registered
4 Posts
When I brought mine in for the 500 mile check; I had over 20 errors, all were minor nags ... forgetting to put in neutral when lowering kickstand was the biggest nag. It works ... I no longer forget now.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts