Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've checked the service manual and it directs me to the owner's manual which tells me to ask my dealer, well it's too late in the day now and I was wondering what the code means?
In the slingshot it's a CANbus error but idk what that means, don't know when it happened as I randomly found the Chk Eng as I was cycling through the displays (base FTR).
Didn't even show me a chk eng light before I went through the menu screens, now it's flashing.
I'm gonna eat dinner real quick and then I'll check the display/engine light again!

Let's go bughuntin' fellas

·
Registered
414 Posts
I’m not even seeing that code listed in the service manual. Most trouble codes have a letter preceding the numbers. Do you have a picture of where you are seeing this code?

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Weird, the error is completely gone, I thought they usually stay 3 cycles.
The code was O 65557 and underneath 22.

·
Registered
2019 FTR1200S Race Replica
33 Posts
I encountered this same scenario while scrolling through the screens on my base model. I turned the ignition off to fuel up and the codes disappeared when I started it.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I just had my FTR 1200 base model, recently purchased (450k on it) engine light on today which was flashing when checked the error code it was 65557 with 22. I was in the middle of the highway. Dropped down my speed till I got home. Turned the engine off to open the garage door and when I turned the ignition on the error code disappear. Did you guys find what this error code is?

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I never did, hasn't showed up again either. When I get to my dealer I'll ask about it!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Thank you for your prompt reply. Have to check to see if it comes online again. If anyone else has followed up on this with their dealer please LMK. My dealer is about 70k ride from my place.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts