Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 20 of 70 Posts

· Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
EPA Fines Colorado Tuner PFI Speed Over ECU Sales
"EPA Fines Colorado Tuner PFI Speed Over ECU Sales" EPA Targets Colorado Tuner With Huge Fine

The EPA defines what makes the tuner illegal for a street driven vehicle is the ability to alter fuel and/or timing curves from stock thereby increasing emissions from oem which is a violation of the clean air act.

The concern to me is when the EPA investigates a company they require them to turn over all sales records of these devices with the customer info.

When I think of all the tuners sold and all the catless head pipes avaliable to replace the oem and the people on here who have identified themselves as gutting the headpipe well there you go.

A guy on FB was identified thru FB and told that even though his diesel truck was deleted by a previous owner he has to restore all oem emissions devices before he can sell it. They also gave him 60 days to restore the truck to stock or face a fine. This was the NJ department of environmental protection.

I will post that link too.

New Jersey Allegedly Scanning Facebook For Coal-Rolling Diesels, Threatening Sellers With Jail
"New Jersey Allegedly Scanning Facebook For Coal-Rolling Diesels, Threatening Sellers With Jail" New Jersey Is Allegedly Scanning Facebook For Coal-Rolling Diesels and Threatening Sellers With Jail

Is it possible that states will begin lurking on here as members in the future to identify people who have modded their bikes from stock?

Do you want the EPA to know you bought a fuelpak from V&H?

Did you keep all your oem parts just in case

· Super Moderator
2020 Challenger
3,899 Posts
Apparently this was a state agency in NJ that took this action, not the EPA. I can see nanny states, like Calif., NY, NJ, etc., going down this road, but not others. Also, I’m speculating EPA would be more interested in going after a manufacturer (like they did with HD) rather than individual users. The EPA doesn’t have the resources to do that.

· Registered
133 Posts
I think that companies like Vance and Hines and others can use West Virginia v. Environmental Protection Agency as a protection against out of control government regulations...They would need something very specific from CONGESS to control these companies....We shall see..

· Rider
1,795 Posts
The EPA doesn't have anything better to do other then making our lives miserable,while getting richer in the process!!:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:.
[/QUOTE

Just wait until there are 87,000 more (armed) IRS Agents . . . . . .

BD

· Super Moderator / Founding Member
4,847 Posts
I have been warning that our tuning days are numbered. If you want to see an outline of how the EPA will come after all this just look at the diesel world. They will go after companies that manufacture equipment and components that alter emissions then companies that perform tuning services or modify the stock ECMs. Many EPA enforcers find tuning companies thru forums. That is why quite a few diesel forums forbid even talking about services like that. Dean

· Registered
1,142 Posts
"That sort of thing could never happen in a free country like America!" This isn't your grandfather's America.

Note to mods: No politics, just plain fact.
What you wrote is true, a fact. Those are things that are frowned on in todays society. The problem is that someone will put forth a feeling, that is out of "left" field, with no basis in reality whatsoever. You would then be tempted to counterpoint with a fact or facts. In fact, you would be stating the truth. Doing this could very well hurt the other person's feelings about their feeling. That person would react, telling you that your facts are wrong, and it can't be the truth, because your argument doesn't align with their feeling. Now that their feelings are hurt, which would make them sad, and quite possibly mad. All in all it makes more sense to open up a new engine oil thread. 🛢

· Registered
1,142 Posts
Climate change is real!!!!.
Got on my bike this morning and it was cold.
It was warm yesterday.
I'm freaking out
Whoa! Hold on there! You are trying to tell us that one day the weather was nice, but on the next day the weather wasn't nice........ This is some scary news. Has this ever happened before, that you can think of? Has this bad/ cold weather ever occurred on a day off from work, when you had planned a day long motorcycle trip? This phenomenon warrants more study. I'm willing to dive deep into why this happens. I'm guessing it will take a 15,000,000,000 million dollars a year grant over the next 30 years for me to do a thorough study of this warm weather, cold weather occurrence that you wrote about. 😀
I plan on covering a lot of miles on motorcycle, I think in the interest of science and the future of humanity, PII should pony up a free Challenger Elite each April 1st, so that I can get on with this errand I am on. 😗

· Silver member
4,089 Posts
There was a time in east TN when IRS agents, called “revenue-ers” got lost in the woods.:giggle: Of course any illegal activity like that will make you a criminal. Any violence against the government will make you a terrorist. You then will be going down the same road as the famous criminal terrorists Thomas Jefferson, George Washington, Same Adams and Paul Revere. Shame on any one trying to subvert the effort of a government agency like the EPA.:rolleyes:

· Bronze member
3,542 Posts
Whoa! Hold on there! You are trying to tell us that one day the weather was nice, but on the next day the weather wasn't nice........ This is some scary news. Has this ever happened before, that you can think of? Has this bad/ cold weather ever occurred on a day off from work, when you had planned a day long motorcycle trip? This phenomenon warrants more study. I'm willing to dive deep into why this happens. I'm guessing it will take a 15,000,000,000 million dollars a year grant over the next 30 years for me to do a thorough study of this warm weather, cold weather occurrence that you wrote about. 😀
I plan on covering a lot of miles on motorcycle, I think in the interest of science and the future of humanity, PII should pony up a free Challenger Elite each April 1st, so that I can get on with this errand I am on.
I plan on covering a lot of miles on motorcycle, I think in the interest of science and the future of humanity, PII should pony up a free Challenger Elite each April 1st, so that I can get on with this errand I am on. 😗
I'm on it,
Have scientific whatcamadingy.
I'll keep you posted on any tax hikes or reparations needed to fix this.
Motor vehicle Font Gas Signage Street sign

1 - 20 of 70 Posts