Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 92 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Facebook

<a href='https://www.facebook.com/indianmotorcycle?hc_location=timeline' target='_self'> https://www.facebook.com/indianmotorcycle?hc_location=timeline</a>

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
For those of you who follow Victory announcements this one is awesome for two reasons:

1) FINALLY an ON-TIME reveal
2) The Indian Price is about 4K lower than I expected!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Well as someone else on the Idian page said 1 'they build those things for stuffed shirt welthy want to be's and not for the average Joe'! But hold on here 18999 aiant that bad ! So I will bother to watch as this develops! Could be some real competition on it,s way!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
From the factory:

<iframe src='http://www.youtube.com/embed/BhDvAqLeE8E?wmode=transparent' frameborder='0' width='550' height='438'></iframe>

<em>ALL-NEW 2014 INDIAN MOTORCYCLE SNEAK PEEK</em>
<p class='campfire'><em>Watch as we reveal how Indian Motorcycle continues to honor our past and power the road ahead, with the 2014 launch of the legendary Indian Chief. Widely recognized by motorcycling riders around the world as one of the most iconic motorcycles ever produced, the power and heritage of this beautiful new bike will be available at a price point that is competitive and more accessible to riders who have been anticipating this addition of authenticity and choice to American motorcycles.</em>
<p class='campfire'><em>The all-new 2014 Indian Chief, starting at $18,999 will be revealed at the 73rd annual Sturgis Motorcycle Rally in Sturgis, South Dakota, which runs August 5-11, 2013. Specific details on the launch timing will be announced this summer. The Sturgis Motorcycle Rally, the world's largest motorcycle rally, was started in 1936 by an Indian Motorcycle club, the Jackpine Gypsies. Indian Motorcycle is honored to be back in the motorcycle community and make the brand&rsquo;s launch part of the Sturgis experience.</em>

G

·
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
What impact do you think this will have on the left-over 30K 2013 Chiefs? What do you do with a bike that is 30% more expensive and with a dated power-plant. I wonder if dealers will have massive incentives to move these bikes with Rebates and other Promos.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Damn, that's a really good starting price. This will definitely give Harley a run for their money. Should be very interesting.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
so looking at the vid it has cruise control button, also looks like a electronic toggle switch for maybe the same setup as the vics, maybe tac/mil/time..etc but on the right.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
11706 said:
so looking at the vid it has cruise control button, also looks like a electronic toggle switch for maybe the same setup as the vics, maybe tac/mil/time..etc  but on the right.
The handlebar controls impressed me. Very neat and clean. I love my XC but would pay for a set of controls that were that nice.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
11706 said:
so looking at the vid it has cruise control button, also looks like a electronic toggle switch for maybe the same setup as the vics, maybe tac/mil/time..etc but on the right.
Nice Find. Victory's video teasers are conditioning us enthusiasts to be accomplished forensic scientists!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
geez we get ripped off over here big time, i was getting all excited about the price until our aus fb page just put our prices on.. $10,000 more.. figured the difference would have been round 4 at most at 18 US.. B#$%^@S..

G

·
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
11513 said:
The handlebar controls impressed me. Very neat and clean. I love my XC but would pay for a set of controls that were that nice.
Yes, I agree !! They did the switch housing pretty well.

1 - 20 of 92 Posts