Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
150 Posts
Like the guys above said... link doesn’t work, and are you riding/describing a Challenger?

If Challenger... are you sure you aren’t hearing the rear cyl deactivation coming on?
Read about it in manual.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Link doesn’t work.
When do you hear the sound? ...during idle only?? See above comment; are you hearing the sound when rear cylinder deactivation is on?

·
Bronze member
1,501 Posts
Methinks that the "weird" engine noise is amplified when you are in cylinder deactivation mode......as the bike does sound like "sheit" with one cylinder thumping away. Could also be magnified when your radiator fan is on.......as I've had the same observations/sound clips.With the CAT/resonator delete, I think the sound is even less pleasing. Just something else to consider here.

·
Founding member / Distinguished
5,088 Posts
Sound is a very subjective thing and no two people are going to hear or like the same thing the same way. Drowning out mechanical noise with loud exhausts seems to be the normal thing to do these days. Not everybody sees it that way but it is what it is. Engines by their very nature make noises. Valve train clatter or intake tract noise can drive some people crazy while others accept it as normal. To each his own I guess.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts