Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
One of the characteristics I truly enjoyed was the exhaust note upon engine breaking deceleration on my Harley. Not sure if Indian engineers could successfully duplicate that on the 116 but man I’d dig the crap outta that!

·
Registered
51 Posts
I’ve got a 111 that makes delightful purring sounds with deceleration. I’ve also gone Stage 1 with TAB Zombie mufflers.

·
Rider
946 Posts
I have a 116 with Reinharts and enjoy the sound when downshifting. The tone reminds me of a top fuel rolling down the track after a run. It is deep and throaty.

·
Premium Member
2016 Indian Roadmaster 120 Stroker
725 Posts
My 120 Stroker has a beautiful deep and throaty rumble on deceleration (and a fantastic bark on acceleration)

Reactions: rpsibew110

·
Founding member / Distinguished
4,279 Posts
I have a 15 RM with Stage 2 cams, Jackpot header and V and H turndowns and definitely get that radial engine/top fuel engine light pop and rumble as I idle down. IMO it is the best sounding exhaust set up for that sound. Adding a stage 3 cam might do it also. Matter of fact on my last trip to the Badlands in South Dakota I was downshifting and idling down to go to a turn off for nice view of the scenery and stopped by a couple that were in the late 20s maybe early 30s and the girl made the comment that the exhaust on my Indian just oozed SEXY. I smiled, said thanks and looked at her boyfriend/husband and said "Go out and buy an Indian, you can get some every night after that!" My wife and her chuckled a bit, but I made my point. LOL Dean

1 - 5 of 5 Posts