Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For those of you high mileage, long distance riders out there, some useful tire information that may come in handy in a tire emergency, in September in the middle of a 10 day ride, I managed to pick up a nickel size hole in my rear tire. I was in southern Missouri. I had a tire repair kit and after 3 plugs was able to get the tire to hold air. At the time I was riding my Victory Cross Country Tour with no local Polaris dealers close by. I called my local victory dealer in Madison WI (Englehart) for help and they told me the CCT uses the same rear tire as the Honda Goldwing (size & type- Dunlop touring eliteIII). My dealer then found me a local Honda shop a few miles away who had a new tire and would install it for me. By the way my new Indian Chieftain uses the same rear tire as the CCT & the Goldwing. Smart for Polaris to use such a standard widely available tire. May be useful some day in an emergency.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
check close. I had the same thing happen on my Vision. The gold wing tire was much cheaper too. When I went to chage it again the teck told me I had the wrong tire on the bike. They had differant speed ratings. I don't know if the Vision has the same tire as the CC but I know it is not the same as the goldwing. But it will fit.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts