Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
I'm need help.
I build a complete indian chief (dark horse) from used parts.
Everything fine, its not my first 111.

I get a wiring harness together with ECM and VCM.
Speedo was bought from another partsdealer
The fob I had to buy new.

So I couldnt start the engine ( i know the mastercode), because the speedo will not turn on. After assembling I brought the bike to the dealer to learn the fob and so on.
He did it. BUT the speedo (from a stripped bike) still don't work.
The dealer couldnt help me. The bike rides know fine, everything works (fob also) but not the speedo. no light,-nothing.

I have also tried another speedo but nothing without positive results.
Do you have any idea what to check why the speedo doesn't work?
Both speedos were working in the past on the original bikes.
Thank you and regards from europe!!

Tommy

·
Rider
497 Posts
Could be a wheel speed sensor, but it sounds like the backlight in the speedo is not coming on either, so that would likely be a wire connection issue . Good luck

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
speed sensor is prob the only thing left to check. but hey if that's all that don't work u did good.
Hello,
thanks for helping. I get the bike after an inspection. They missed to check the fuses. It was just a fuse for "Switched Power".

But now I have a problem that I don't get a speed signal. ABS works fine. ABS and MIL lights are on. Check Engine says 1 84 9 = vehicle speed signal Abnormal update rate...

I dont know what to check. ABS sensors are new (abs working)

·
Bronze member
2,754 Posts
Hello,
thanks for helping. I get the bike after an inspection. They missed to check the fuses. It was just a fuse for "Switched Power".

But now I have a problem that I don't get a speed signal. ABS works fine. ABS and MIL lights are on. Check Engine says 1 84 9 = vehicle speed signal Abnormal update rate...

I dont know what to check. ABS sensors are new (abs working)
Sounds like a great service mob. Have you thought about taking it too the Zoo as half the apes there would most likely have more of an idea than your service guys by the sounds of what you have said.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts