Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 128 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
(EDIT)

You can now purchase Electronic Cruise Control for the Indian Scout (and Scout 60) . Here's the link:

Here's the link for the Scout Bobber:

They come with a few options for the type of control switch you want to use (eg. above or below the handle bars). I selected their "Slim Switch" design because I like its appearance and like how the buttons curve towards the riders hand.

For those wondering what the "dongle" connection is for, that's the plug for checking diagnostics on your bike. Unless something is already plugged into it (other than the stock dummy cap that says "DIAGNOSTIC" on it), you do not need to select "Dongle Connection Included" on the purchasing page. If you don't know which connector that is and want more details (including pictures), you can find that on the bottom page of their brochure here:

If you live outside of Australia you'll have to pay for international shipping. I live in the U.S. (in Utah) so shipping for me was $43.20.

HAPPY CRUISING!! :cool:

·
Registered
13 Posts
That’s awesome! I’m glad that someone has taken the opportunity to make one for the scout. Would we be able to get a timeline?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2019 Scout Bobber Icon ABS
91 Posts
Thought I'd give everyone a heads up. Although it's not retail-ready just yet, an Electronic Cruise Control unit (w/ button controls) for the Scout and Scout Bobber has been made (and not by Polaris). It's not available yet, so don't bother Dr. Google. The developer has been kind enough to let me in the loop under the condition that I maintain discretion until given the green light. I can say this much, the new control switch design they're using looks amazing, I would dare say that people who haven't seen a Scout yet could easily mistake it as an OEM product that comes with the bike, it's just perfect, hell even my gray beard smiled.
Interested

·
Registered
1,101 Posts
Interested and following.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Would definitely be interested in hearing more if you're able to provide any more information. Some sort of eta would be helpful as well.

·
Registered
442 Posts
Same here, can’t wait to hear/read more about it 👍

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 · (Edited)
They didn't object when I asked so I'll take that as permission. :cool: I believe it's mainly their draft for the instructions they don't want me sharing, because that's not ready just yet.

The main link they'd like me to share is this: Installation Videos
If you scroll down to view point 13 titled "Indian Scout Bobber (& Indian Scout)", it links to this youtube video:

They stated that they should have links for the instructions "very soon".

If you're going to view that video, something you'll want to keep in mind is the hardware setup in that video is for the bobber, not the regular Scout. All that hardware will be covered by the surround/fairing/nacelle (whatever you want to call it) when they place it over the headlight so it won't be visible. For the regular Scout they're making brackets to seat the computer here on the bike:
Computer_mount_(1).JPG

They're even making a bracket that will accommodate you if you're using highway/crash bars.

For the regular Scout I believe the computer is this one:

From what I gathered, there appear to be several control-switch designs available for the Scout (including different ways of attaching them to the bike). The one that caught my eye was this, it's their "slim switch" model:

Notice how the switch housing curves the angle of the buttons towards the rider's hand, making it more press-friendly when you want to keep holding your grip. I like its sleek profile.

1 - 20 of 128 Posts