Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,216 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
'16 Chieftain - Quick question.

Does the headlight come on when keyed on, or after start up?

Trouble shooting an add on road light problem, and am second guessing my memory as to whether they do, or do not, come on before starting.

Humor me..........as anyone in the deep southwest can tell you it's a wee bit warm here(115+) and working in the garage ain't much better.

Thanks

·
Bronze member
2,990 Posts
It comes on a couple seconds AFTER the motor is running,which IMO,is a GREAT idea.Why??? Because ya NOW have FULL battery power going to the ignition and starter,instead of the headlight stealing a percentage of it.Make sense to ya??? Dave!!!

·
Premium Member
1,216 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
It comes on a couple seconds AFTER the motor is running,which IMO,is a GREAT idea.Why??? Because ya NOW have FULL battery power going to the ignition and starter,instead of the headlight stealing a percentage of it.Make sense to ya??? Dave!!!
Okay Davetac1, so I'm not crazyo_O

Am getting back feed through newly installed add on road lights & dimmer relay. Trouble shooting it is causing me to question my sanity.

Ask me why I like Plug & Play!:D If this was, I'd have long ago finished this project.;) Instead, I'm hoping I don't fry something. :mad:

·
Premium Member
1,216 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Damn.........I forgot to say :oops: THANKS

·
Bronze member
2,990 Posts
In your post,you asked if the headlight came on after the motor was running!! And that was the question I answered! Regarding aftermarket lights,I don't know.The directions that come with these after market lights should explain where and how to wire em.If your getting back feed,then obviously,something isn't right.And I appologise for misunderstanding your question.

·
Premium Member
1,216 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
In your post,you asked if the headlight came on after the motor was running!! And that was the question I answered! Regarding aftermarket lights,I don't know.The directions that come with these after market lights should explain where and how to wire em.If your getting back feed,then obviously,something isn't right.And I appologise for misunderstanding your question.
No misunderstanding, at all. You answered my question. Completely.

Because of the problem I'm having I was questioning if I remembered correctly when the lights came on. It's hotter than the dickens here, add a little frustration to that, and a man begins to question himself. Especially me.....I always look for what I may have done wrong, or misinterpreted before pointing a finger, outward. It's looking like the instructions for adding this controller to the Indian, may be wrong. I'll know more by the end of the week. The vendor is currently unavailable for support.

thanks again:)

·
Premium Member
1,216 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Am getting back feed through newly installed road light, dimmer relay. Trouble shooting it is causing me to question my sanity.

Okay, I'm not crazy!
Problem has been referred to engineering at the light control company(A Made in the USA Company).

The controller is used on a wide variety of CAN-bus systems but,

it appears this is installation #1 for an Indian.

Waiting......................on their findings.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts