Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm hooking up a Bluetooth amp on my 2018 chief classic and I want to run power to a relay that will supply power to the amp. The switched connection under the seat has a black wire and a grey wire going into it. Which wire is the positive ? ( I'm thinking the grey ). Also, is the only way to get to the battery by unbolting the ecm under the seat ?

·
Silver member
4,652 Posts
I'm hooking up a Bluetooth amp on my 2018 chief classic and I want to run power to a relay that will supply power to the amp. The switched connection under the seat has a black wire and a grey wire going into it. Which wire is the positive ? ( I'm thinking the grey ). Also, is the only way to get to the battery by unbolting the ecm under the seat ?
I would verify it with a voltmeter, but that is where I tapped into to power an early prototype of the Dynojet WBCX and I recall the black being negative and the grey was positive. The only way to the battery terminals is by lifting the VCM up and out of the way. One bolt holding it down. I recommend pulling the VCM and ECU fuses (circuit breakers) first.

·
Registered
2,648 Posts
To caveat off the other reply, you have to remove the one bolt at the rear of the plastic tray that the VCM sits on. You can then slide the tray forward and lift it up out of the way.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts