Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Rider
844 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know it’s not rocket science but how do you disconnect this connector. I’m adding a trailer harness and need to install the sub harness between the connector it looks like you just pull up on the top piece, it’s the only moving part. But it won’t budge. I don’t want to break it. The manual says nothing

Attachments

·
Rider
546 Posts
I think if you press down on the tab above where it says "delphi" while pulling it apart

·
Registered
2,677 Posts
I think if you press down on the tab above where it says "delphi" while pulling it apart
This is correct. Press down on the small flat spot in between the "DELPHI", and pull the connector apart.

·
Registered
2020 Indian Challenger
1,416 Posts
Keep in mind this is a sealed connector so there is extra resistance when trying to pull it apart. I prefer to gently lift the tab to the right of where it says Delphi. It only needs raised a small amount to release the lock.

Here's a pic of what it kind of looks like disconnected:

·
Rider
844 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Keep in mind this is a sealed connector so there is extra resistance when trying to pull it apart. I prefer to gently lift the tab to the right of where it says Delphi. It only needs raised a small amount to release the lock.

Here's a pic of what it kind of looks like disconnected:
View attachment 638001
Yes, I got it, just wasn’t lifting the tab up high enough. Thanx to all for the come back! Waiting for NAPA to open so I can pick up some flat wire loom to run the trailer pigtail in up the fender. By lifting the rear wheel off the table I can get my fat hands in over the tire to cable tie the wire up. It’s so much easier to access everything on the Challenger, rather than the RM with the valanced fender

·
Registered
2020 Indian Challenger
1,416 Posts
Are you installing something like the Custom Dynamics DLI? I've got one installed on my Challenger. Haven't had a chance to actually pull anything yet.

·
Rider
844 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Are you installing something like the Custom Dynamics DLI? I've got one installed on my Challenger. Haven't had a chance to actually pull anything yet.
No mines all Rivco, hitch, sub harness, canbuss adapter, 5 to 4 wire isolator, pulling a little Lumina trailer.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts