1 - 20 of 139 Posts

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
24 Posts
Trying to get information before ordering, but can't get anyone from Dobeck to respond after multiple emails.... yes, so far Customer Service needs some work.

Website list separate selections for the Chief and Chieftain, both using part #9120436, but nothing for the Roadmaster. Is there something different about each option which would justify listing two different selections? Which should I be selecting for a Roadmaster?

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
RiPpeRdUdE,

I apologize you have not received a response from us.

If the email came in later on Friday, it may not have been responded to until today as we are closed on the weekends.
PM me what email you reached out to us with and I will look into why there was no response.

As for the EJK P/N 9120436, this unit works for all Chief models from 2014-16 including the Chieftain and Roadmaster. We initially had Indian-all models listed and got a ton of people asking about their specific bike model, so then we changed to Chief-all models. Then we got people asking about the Chieftain, so we added the Chieftain.

You will want P/N 9120436 for all new Indian cruiser, bagger, & touring models 14-16 and P/N 9120446 for the Scout.

Again, I apologize for the delayed response.
Let me know how we can help out or answer any other questions.

-TuningHQ

·
Registered
24 Posts
So again, you list two options for the same part#... do they have a different base loaded for each? Which should I be selecting for the Roadmaster?

Screen Shot 2015-10-19 at 11.20.34 AM.png

·
Gold Supporting Member
3,246 Posts
Trying to get information before ordering, but can't get anyone from Dobeck to respond after multiple emails.... yes, so far Customer Service needs some work.

Website list separate selections for the Chief and Chieftain, both using part #9120436, but nothing for the Roadmaster. Is there something different about each option which would justify listing two different selections? Which should I be selecting for a Roadmaster?
I disagree. Just give them a call. The person who answered the phone answered all my questions with expertise. Top Notch Customer Service in my opinion.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
RiPpeRdUdE,

The P/N 9120436 is the exact same for both models. You can choose either button and you will get the same product. The tune up and settings will be the same.

Let me know if you have any other questions.
-TuningHQ

·
Registered
2,491 Posts
I did the Indian pipes/A/C, Indian flash
DH runs like a beast, did before stage 1 too. Little better sound, a little quicker. You don't need all those extras- tuners and such

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
If you liked the gains from the basic stage 1 download from Indian, you will definitely like the gains from a full tune up.

Your bike ran lean in stock form to meet EPA emissions regulations. The Indian Stage 1 download compensates for intake and exhaust mods, but is still meant to meet EPA regulations which is still lean. Gains will be minimal and the bike may still run hot.

The EJK gives you the ability to fully tune your bike to dial in the fueling. With the EJK, you get full fueling adjustability for $250 (+forum discount).
The EJK will bring engine temps down as well as really wake up the bike's bottom end.

How much does Indian charge for the emissions legal stage 1 download?

-TuningHQ

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
capmarine,

I see you are also in military and a former LEO. We have a service member discount as well for all military, police officers, fire fighters, and first responders.
Check out the link: DP Discount Program

-TuningHQ

·
Founding member / Distinguished
2019 Roadmaster matte black and gray
2,979 Posts
If you liked the gains from the basic stage 1 download from Indian, you will definitely like the gains from a full tune up.

Your bike ran lean in stock form to meet EPA emissions regulations. The Indian Stage 1 download compensates for intake and exhaust mods, but is still meant to meet EPA regulations which is still lean. Gains will be minimal and the bike may still run hot.

The EJK gives you the ability to fully tune your bike to dial in the fueling. With the EJK, you get full fueling adjustability for $250 (+forum discount).
The EJK will bring engine temps down as well as really wake up the bike's bottom end.

How much does Indian charge for the emissions legal stage 1 download?

-TuningHQ
I was quoted $190 plus shop time. Will be getting a tuner system instead...

·
Registered
234 Posts
i put on freedom true duals with shark tails before the ejk. was better than stock by a lot, but lots of popping. added ejk (won't lie, was a PIA given big fat hands and little plugs), and ALL popping is gone. bike is cooler too.

Reactions: TuningHQ

·
Registered
2,491 Posts
So now I have a Indian stage one an EKj would even make my bike run better?

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Capmarine,

You would see some further improvements from adding the EJK.
The EJK would richen the fueling up even more than the Stage 1 download did.
You would also have the ability to adjust the fueling for any further performance mods added down the road.

Let me know if you have any other questions.
-TuningHQ

·
Vendor / bronze
2,864 Posts
I just installed an EJK fuel controller, brand new RPW 2 into 1 slip on pipes (first ones out), and a dual intake system onto my Scout. The bike screams now with a great sound. The EJK is great. It allows you to easily adjust so many aspects without a computer or any test equipment. The unit stays on the bike, so you can make adjustments anytime.
IMG_3411 (1).jpg

·
Premium Member
2,998 Posts
Capmarine, I have Indian Stage One slip on's, Indian high flow AC and the EJK fuel controller on my Vintage. Night and day difference. Quicker throttle response and smoother acceleration throughout the powerband.

Reactions: TuningHQ

·
Registered
2,491 Posts
Blue
I have the Stage 1 of course how much quicker and smoother I'm I going to get. My DH runs so good now. Give me some idea before I might buy one.
Thanks

·
Registered
234 Posts
Devil Dog (capmarine) that is a very subjective question. If you love the way it runs now, let it be. Save the $ for something that will matter to you.
If you happen through Atlanta you are welcome to hop on my Chieftain and see what you think of my setup. The other variables will make comparison difficult, but at least you will get an idea of whether the setup is sufficiently different in performance to justify further investigation.

·
Premium Member
2,998 Posts
Blue
I have the Stage 1 of course how much quicker and smoother I'm I going to get. My DH runs so good now. Give me some idea before I might buy one.
Thanks
The best I could tell you, because I did all three at the same time, is that the improvements were very noticible to me. With so many posting the Stage 1 and AC didn't noticibly improve performance on their bikes, I would suspect the key to my improvement would be the fuel controller.
Additionally. I have a friend that has the same mods, with the exception of the EJK, and he is ordering one for his bike which says something to me in support of the improvements.
Also, many on the forum have reported a 2 mpg milage increase after installing the controller but I can't substantiate that as I haven't checked mine since the install but hope to do so in the coming days.

·
Registered
2,491 Posts
Thanks

1 - 20 of 139 Posts