Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 20 of 148 Posts

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I took my Scout in for it's second service and was told there was an ECU recall for a reflash to "address an idle issue" .

I am not sure if this is canada only or what but anyone with an "idle issue" should get in touch with your dealer it is also noted this was covered under warranty for me.

I will post the recall number from the service documents when I get home.

·
Founding member / platinum
10,006 Posts
If this is to address the surge problem you may have one of the best threads around for a while.....

·
Registered
73 Posts
WHAT?!

This is...interesting. And that's to say the least...I wonder if they'll be making a public announcement about this since it's been PLAGUING a large number of owners.

·
Registered
3,498 Posts

·
Original member / Distinguished
5,896 Posts
Mine didn't do it until I had the 500 miles service. Interesting thing is my thermometer started working better but got the surge as a bonus. Think I'd prefer the thermometer not working.

·
Registered
1,313 Posts
This is how Indian/Polaris is handling it-- the download was sent to dealerships… If you've had communication with them about this or if you do in the future, the dealership will offer the download… if you say or do nothing, you get nothing...

·
Distinguished Founding Member
5,337 Posts
Hopefully mine was done when they did the Rebuild .. No Surging problems at all with almost 400 Miles on it and I know they at least Flashed the ECM for the Stage 1 Pipes so hopefully did it all .. More to come on Performance and Maintenance after the 500 Mile Break In Service Wednesday ..

·
Registered
650 Posts
Hopefully mine was done when they did the Rebuild .. No Surging problems at all with almost 400 Miles on it and I know they at least Flashed the ECM for the Stage 1 Pipes so hopefully did it all .. More to come on Performance and Maintenance after the 500 Mile Break In Service Wednesday ..
Hi Jay;

Does your bike seam to be doing good so far?

If I recall correctly you had an aftermarket Trask air filter and aftermarket tuner on your bike. Did the dealer remove those and do the flash with the new stage 1 pipes instead of putting them back on?

mgg

·
Founding member
439 Posts
I'm pretty sure this is the flash they did for me. So far I have not experienced the surge issue. What's interesting to me is Polaris told my dealership that I had to put my stock exhaust back on before the dealer could reflash the ECM. This would eliminate the Stage 1 flash that I had. Polaris also told me that an updated Stage 1 flash would be available in about 2 months. Not holding my breath. Jay, I am guessing based on what your dealer did, they did not do the new reflash on your Scout. I would check with them.

·
Distinguished Founding Member
5,337 Posts
If I recall correctly you had an aftermarket Trask air filter and aftermarket tuner on your bike. Did the dealer remove those and do the flash with the new stage 1 pipes instead of putting them back on?
I returned the Scout to the Shop Stock but it didn't fool anyone .. The Higher Ups know what's going on out here on the Forum, even showed me a pic of my Dyno Sheet and Custom Pipes .. :) They may not post they are out here but trust me they are ..

·
Registered
1,683 Posts
I saw this on my Dashboard under Service Bulletins for my Scout.
Good thing I am having the dealer do some service work done this Saturday.
Product Text Font Furniture Metal

The dealer's GM informed me, "Your bike is affected we will do the re-flash when you bring it in on Saturday"

·
Registered
178 Posts
This is how Indian/Polaris is handling it-- the download was sent to dealerships… If you've had communication with them about this or if you do in the future, the dealership will offer the download… if you say or do nothing, you get nothing...
I see and understand totally.

Look like I will be having a conversation.

Thanks for this info.

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·

That is odd as I said nothing, I didn't have a problem so I never asked they just did it.

·
Registered
3,498 Posts
Exactly. IIRC, you're affiliated in some way with an Indian dealership?

·
Registered
241 Posts
I saw this on my Dashboard under Service Bulletins for my Scout.
Good thing I am having the dealer do some service work done this Saturday.
View attachment 49166
The dealer's GM informed me, "Your bike is affected we will do the re-flash when you bring it in on Saturday"
I stopped by Holeshot Powersports today and they knew about the problem. They have the service bulletin and scheduled me for tomorrow morning for the reflash. They said it would take maybe a half hour and is covered by Polaris. Seems to me that this should be a recall instead of a service bulletin.

·
Registered
1,313 Posts
Hopefully mine was done when they did the Rebuild .. No Surging problems at all with almost 400 Miles on it and I know they at least Flashed the ECM for the Stage 1 Pipes so hopefully did it all .. More to come on Performance and Maintenance after the 500 Mile Break In Service Wednesday .
I stopped by Holeshot Powersports today and they knew about the problem. They have the service bulletin and scheduled me for tomorrow morning for the reflash. They said it would take maybe a half hour and is covered by Polaris. Seems to me that this should be a recall instead of a service bulletin.
That would actually involve accepting blame or responsibility for the problem-- I have literally talked to dealerships that sound like politicians, denying that they've ever had a customer bring up the problem or even admit hearing about it!

1 - 20 of 148 Posts