Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey All,

So I'm curious what you all think would be the better option of the two in order to have my bike running correctly after I get my RPW Brave 2-1 pipe.

Every dealer tech I've spoken to strongly recommends against fuel controllers like the Power Commander V because they do not allow the bike to automatically adjust the fueling based on temperature/atmospheric pressure via the ECU and O2 sensors.

But RPW's website and customer support recommend the Dobeck Fuel Controller...

My personal philosophy has always been that I should never pretend to know more than the people who design and work on the bike on the regular... so as you can see, I'm at quite an impasse.

What do y'all think?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
PCVX- there is no other option

/close thread
Personally, I really don't like the idea of bypassing the O2 sensors. I like having the bike adjust to its surroundings for optimal performance during all operating conditions.

I saw that Power Commander did recently release something called the Vision or something like that... I dunno too much about it yet though.

·
Bronze member
2,176 Posts
Personally, I really don't like the idea of bypassing the O2 sensors. I like having the bike adjust to its surroundings for optimal performance during all operating conditions.

I saw that Power Commander did recently release something called the Vision or something like that... I dunno too much about it yet though.
PCVX is the Power Commander Vision. Been out a while and a lot of us have them. Theres several threads on it. look for PVCX in the title

·
Registered
600 Posts
I have a Scout with 2-1 RPW Ambush pipes with a Dobeck - works fine - O2 sensors bypassed. PCVX is better tool for the job - with the right tune. But for the price the EJK definitely works much better than stock ECU.

·
Banned
5,398 Posts
Hey All,

So I'm curious what you all think would be the better option of the two in order to have my bike running correctly after I get my RPW Brave 2-1 pipe.

Every dealer tech I've spoken to strongly recommends against fuel controllers like the Power Commander V because they do not allow the bike to automatically adjust the fueling based on temperature/atmospheric pressure via the ECU and O2 sensors.

But RPW's website and customer support recommend the Dobeck Fuel Controller...

My personal philosophy has always been that I should never pretend to know more than the people who design and work on the bike on the regular... so as you can see, I'm at quite an impasse.

What do y'all think?
The dealers make NO money on aftermarket fuel controllers. Of course they want you to keep getting Indian flashes and remember that those are EPA very compliant. Also too when recalls come down the line like the ridiculous fuel timing recall that was issued last year, the dealer again gets paid for it regardless of the factory flash. Guys with aftermarket controllers do not need this recall.
Understand this...............and it took me years to really let it soak in............follow the money on 'advice' from dealers on aftermarket items. Theirs is always the best answer and of course they want you to go that route. So does Ford on mudflaps and hood bra's and so does Mercedes on their overly expensive interior bling upgrades. Same thing. Follow the money. You are NO good to a dealer with aftermarket fuel controllers and some other items. Money lost. Comphrende amigo ?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts