Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I go the eBay saddle bags for my DH went I first got my bike 2 years ago. The gaskets on them suck and have broken away. Come apart etc. as they were glued on. So I ordered the hard saddlebag gaskets from Indian for the real saddle bags thinking it would work.theu are something like a C channel. Can’t seem to get the damn thing to stay on as it is too ridged and doesn’t seat on the lip very well. And then there’s a portion of the bag where there is no lip to attach it too.
Anyone else have this problem or take a dif Route? I’d like my bags to somewhat seal.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Ya they are very cheep quality. One of my seals did the same, the same day I put them on. My Viking bags I must say are way better quality, but don’t look as good.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
229 Posts
At some point, the gasket seals and grooves were redesigned on the old hard bags while maintaining the same old style. Don't remember what year that happened. maybe around 2016 or 2017??? It was done because there was a lot of negative feedback on the effectiveness of the gasket.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts