Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
326 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay guys and gals, I received my Easy Brackets from Bob at Great Bike Gear- home of Easy Brackets & motorcycle accessories and Motorcycle Saddlebags / Saddle bag bolt-on hardware supports easy on/offsystem These are very sturdy locking mounts for saddle bags that will alow us to mount any universal saddle bag or side case to our bike. Bob will have the item listed shortly on the website and he is going to offer us 10% off with free shipping on everything he carries(he also carries Leatherworks products). The discount code is, BZ10.

Pics...

·
Registered
1,766 Posts
Okay guys and gals, I received my Easy Brackets from Bob at Great Bike Gear- home of Easy Brackets & motorcycle accessories and Motorcycle Saddlebags / Saddle bag bolt-on hardware supports easy on/offsystem These are very sturdy locking mounts for saddle bags that will alow us to mount any universal saddle bag or side case to our bike. Bob will have the item listed shortly on the website and he is going to offer us 10% off with free shipping on everything he carries(he also carries Leatherworks products). The discount code is, BZ10.

Pics...

I talked to “The Leather Works” here in California. They had made high quality custom bags for my Aero. I had intended to order one of their tan tool bags knowing the colors would not match, but would look better than black. They agreed the colors would not match, BUT I learned that they are aware of the tan leather problems Indian has had, and that Indian recently switched leather product that now contain UV properties. The Leather Works advised that they will custom make one of their own fine tool bags for me to match Indians tan leather bags by laminating/sewing over, and onto their bag with the same thin leather that Indian uses to cover the plastic shells of their saddlebags.
Everything has a price. The bag I had in mind, about $113.00. To create a matching tan leather tool bag, $150.00.

I received the saddle tan tool bag and took it with when I picked up my Scout. The tool bag is a perfect match to the Indian saddle tan leather
003.JPG

Attachments

·
Registered
1,766 Posts
I talked to “The Leather Works” here in California. They had made high quality custom bags for my Aero. I had intended to order one of their tan tool bags knowing the colors would not match, but would look better than black. They agreed the colors would not match, BUT I learned that they are aware of the tan leather problems Indian has had, and that Indian recently switched leather product that now contain UV properties. The Leather Works advised that they will custom make one of their own fine tool bags for me to match Indians tan leather bags by laminating/sewing over, and onto their bag with the same thin leather that Indian uses to cover the plastic shells of their saddlebags.
Everything has a price. The bag I had in mind, about $113.00. To create a matching tan leather tool bag, $150.00.

I received the saddle tan tool bag and took it with when I picked up my Scout. The tool bag is a perfect match to the Indian saddle tan leather View attachment 5557
My first photos did not pick up the detail but try this;

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,836 Posts

Pics...

Thanks for the update and pics, will have to get them on order.

Reactions: Dr_Doom

·
Premium Member
2,836 Posts

I received the saddle tan tool bag and took it with when I picked up my Scout. The tool bag is a perfect match to the Indian saddle tan leather View attachment 5557
Looks great

·
Registered
326 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Great job Carlos and thanks! No plans for bags, but if I go that way, this will come in handy.
Thanks for verifying the measurements, Meggie. I'm going to see if I can go to the dealer next weekend and install them.

·
Registered
326 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Update...
Here are some pics that show how much space we have...

Also, I'm going to work with Saddleworks to get us a set of bags that wil fit the space we have and match our saddle. They will be sending me templates to be sure we have a good size/shaped bag.

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
Update...
Here are some pics that show how much space we have...

Also, I'm going to work with Saddleworks to get us a set of bags that wil fit the space we have and match our saddle. They will be sending me templates to be sure we have a good size/shaped bag.
Keep it coming

·
Premium Member
2,836 Posts
Are these model #SS-R1? The website does not state 2015 Indian Scout, just Scout which could mean Gilroy Scout.
No those are for the older Scouts. They still are in the process of getting everything done. Bob said probably next week

·
Registered
326 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 · (Edited)
Hey guys, I just received the email from Leatherworks. I'll post up the style of bag that they think will work for us. I'd like ideas from all of you that are interested since they are making these to match.

·
Registered
326 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Here's what Leatherworks sent me...

Hi Carlos

Bob from Great Bike Gear sent me your contact information. He also sent me the pictures of your bike for measurements. I need to create a new bag for the Scout as I don’t think my existing bags will work. I would like to mail you a paper pattern for the back and have you see if it will fit with the pipes and clear the shock. The bag I am thinking about is a shorter version of my 111+2

Leatherworks Inc. Leather Saddlebags Motorcycle Saddlebags

Or if you see a different bag you would like me to start with we can do that too.

Is your seat brown? I do have the same leather that Indian uses so I can match your seat.

We can also make them black.

Let me know your thoughts or if I can answer any questions. I look forward to working with you and appreciate your help.

Aimee Thacher

The Leatherworks

888-265-9650

www.leatherworksinc.com

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
Here's what Leatherworks sent me...

Hi Carlos

Bob from Great Bike Gear sent me your contact information. He also sent me the pictures of your bike for measurements. I need to create a new bag for the Scout as I don’t think my existing bags will work. I would like to mail you a paper pattern for the back and have you see if it will fit with the pipes and clear the shock. The bag I am thinking about is a shorter version of my 111+2

Or if you see a different bag you would like me to start with we can do that too.

Is your seat brown? I do have the same leather that Indian uses so I can match your seat.

We can also make them black.

Let me know your thoughts or if I can answer any questions. I look forward to working with you and appreciate your help.

Aimee Thacher

The Leatherworks

888-265-9650

www.leatherworksinc.com
Thanks for the work man. Any idea how volume might compare to OEM?

Reactions: Dr_Doom

·
Registered
326 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Can anyone photo shop the design that Leatherworks thinks will fit our bike well? Heres the pic...

·
Registered
326 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I like this style. Follows the lines of the scout....would love to get a good quality leather version specifically for the new scout...
I have the feeling that Leatherworks' style is a more classic style bag, but I'll definitely let them know.

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
9 1/2" tall x 15" wide x 7" deep. She says, approximately 1100 cu. Inch per bag.
Thanks, If my math is right I think the OEM is 17 tall 5 wide 9 deep (inside top to bottom) ~765 cu. inch, I think the new bag is actually ~997.5 cu inch. With 232.5 additional space each, you can actually get something useful in them.:rolleyes: Looking forward please keep us updated.

1 - 20 of 52 Posts