Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2019 Roadmaster and my wife and I are planning a cross country trip from Maine to California with some friends. Unfortunately, I don’t have enough vacation time to ride there and back so I have to ship my bike back to Maine. We’ve done this trip two previous times on my Victory Cross Country so the logistics isn’t an issue. My concerns is that with the battery drain that Indians are experiencing I need to disconnect my battery so it’s not dead when it gets back home in two or three weeks. I know I can just disconnect the battery but I’d rather not take the trunk and seat off in a parking to disconnect the battery terminal if I can help it. Has anyone installed a weatherproof and easy to access disconnect switch that will isolate the battery and stop it from being drained?
Thanks for any ideas in advance.

·
Registered
2,533 Posts
If you have had the recall for the battery drain done, leaving the battery connected really should not be an issue. I have left my '17 RM parked for three weeks or so with no issues.

Reactions: SJ12DS

·
Rider
972 Posts
I agree with Kitulu that you should be fine. How long to ship it back? 1 week? two weeks? Sounds like a great trip! Whatever you do, Enjoy your trip.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts